Recommend me something prevents belly jiggle while jumping

Options
LiLee2018
LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
I want to start getting in to jumping rope again, but I would like a top that helps prevent my upper belly area (above my belly button) from moving too much while I do it.
So far, the only items I've come across are waist trainers.
No, I don't think they will give me some hourglass figure, but they seem like they'd do what I'm looking for? If anyone has experience with them for this specific reason, that would be awesome or just working out in them?
If there is a different product out there that will do what I want, please tell me so I can look in to that too :)

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    How about high-waisted (or one-piece) compression workout shorts/tights?
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    How about high-waisted (or one-piece) compression workout shorts/tights?

I have leggings that help my lower belly from moving, but they roll right off my upper belly area lol
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    I'm not spamming to support this web site, I'm just including the link to show you what I'm talking about. There exist one-piece workout wear (and I think some suspender types things) for women. This is just a random example:

https://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=981018002&pcid=999&vid=1&&searchText=Legend Bodysuit

I don't know anything about that vendor, brand, etc. - just saying these things exist. My sense is that some kind of real workout clothing would be better than the waist-trainer things, but I could be wrong.
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

I don't know anything about that vendor, brand, etc. - just saying these things exist. My sense is that some kind of real workout clothing would be better than the waist-trainer things, but I could be wrong.

Ah that's pretty cool. I'll have to see what else is available but I'm sure that would probably work for what I want. Doesn't look too expensive either so that's a bonus.
  • bonniemcc4
    bonniemcc4 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I used a shapewear type tank top when I used to run. Just tight enough to hold in my belly so it didn’t bother me while running. I got one from Walmart but I’m sure many places sell them.
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    bonniemcc4 wrote: »
    I used a shapewear type tank top when I used to run. Just tight enough to hold in my belly so it didn’t bother me while running. I got one from Walmart but I’m sure many places sell them.

Will definitely have to remember to look whenever I'm at Walmart or Target. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Just wanted to update in case anyone was curious or also looking for something!

I bought this waist trainer on amazon I've been eyeballing.
    Not sure if I can post a link to it, so if not, I'll just say you can look up....
    "Gaodi waist trainer vest" on amazon and it should bring it up. The picture is a woman holding the ends of the vest and showing a sweaty belly lol.

Looked like it would be really good for what I wanted. Doesn't have any boning in it that would restrict movements and would be able to hold my belly snug while I exercised.
    I got it in yesterday and used it this morning and was really happy with it.
    Held my belly in very snug, but didn't feel like it restricted my movements at all and didn't make me feel like I was getting short of breath or anything. The shoulder straps are a bit too long for my short self (5'3"), but not too huge of a deal since it stayed where I wanted while I jumped rope.
    I'm really happy with it, but I do think I'm going to eventually, I'll try out different types of workout gear to see what I like best (like the bodysuit). Just for now while I get back in to the swing of things, this waist trainer works.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I use a compression tank under my t-shirt or looser tank. It seems to stop the jiggle of my boobs & my belly. Sometimes I get the ones in the shapeware section that look like standard tank tops, I find they are cheaper than the ones at the sports stores, but I have some of those also.

Also search long line sport bras. They come down further in the front. I'm rather short waisted so the long line fit me weird.