Just introducing myself

Options
Hello everyone. Let me introduce myself.
I am Mike, and I live in Belgium. I have been a food addict for almost all my life (since I was 7). I did a whole bunch of stupid diets and nothings seemed to work. So I started another one this February, thinking that it might be the good one this time.
And until now it seems to be. In a bit more than 7 months I lost 25 kg (55lbs). But for two months I got stuck between 20-22kg, until I found this website. At first I thought it was stupid to fill in everything you eat, for every day, until I found out my problem: I was not eating enough. I had a calorie deficit of 800 to sometimes 1000 per day. Since I started using myfitnesspal, about 3 weeks ago, I lost 6 pounds, I am eating right, exercising right, and I seem to burn fat like never before.
My change of life I started in february was just common sense: eating less fat, and exercise more, so I started doing 30 minutes of cardio every day, after dinner. I have been reading hundreds (if not thousands) of blogs, articles, websites, ... talking about how to burn fat, which exercises to do, etc. And I picked the ones that work for me. And now after 7 months I found the right balance :-)
Anyway, sorry for the long introduction :-)

Replies

• jazzydebs
    jazzydebs Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Mike and welcome.

This site is good,I have learnt so much about food,exercise and weight loss since being here.

Glad to hear your weight loss is going well :-)

Debs
  • TrishaRN_74
    TrishaRN_74 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Mike! I think your intro was just right! It's great that you figured out what your problem was. I think my husband has that problem, too, but he's not quite ready to get on here and track is diet like I do. He did walk a mile with me today, so it's a step in the right direction. Keep up the good work! Feel free to add me if you need a positive, motivating friend!
  • akdouglass
    Options
    Welcome, Mike! I did the same thing and did a bunch of stupid diets and ended up messing up my metabolism. This website has been really helpful for me and I'm glad it's working for you too!

On a side note, I have always wanted to visit Belgium! But I think I would get fat there... all that chocolate! ;P
  • Mguilmot
    Mguilmot Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate seems to be healthy. But I'm not a chocaholic. I hardly ever eat any :-)
  • akdouglass
    Options
    I'm not a "chocoholic" by any means... but once I get those cravings, they don't seem to go away until I've had my fill. XD
  • deztwo
    Options
    Just introducing myself, how do I post without responding to someone else's post? And I am hoping that this 53 yr old lady can finally find a site or program that will get me back closely to where I once was -- thanks! Does anyone know where to find the calorie counter for certain foods on this site?
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    This is for deztwo. I don't know if there is a calorie counter or not on this site. I enter my food on the food tracker before I actually eat it to see what the calories, ect are. If it is too much or not worth it, I delete it out and try something else. Once you add the food to the food tracker, you can delete it off if you don't eat it. It is a red button on the end on the entry line. It helps me a lot. To our friend in Belgium - Welcome.
  • deztwo
    Options
    Thank you! Mimitime
  • deztwo
    Options
    Oh, think I might have found the place I am supposed to be.