Been on MFP for a month, finally introducing myself

bonniemcc4
bonniemcc4 Posts: 129 Member
edited March 2022 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, my name is Bonnie. I’ve been on MFP consistently for a month, exploring the community for a couple of weeks, but haven’t introduced myself yet.

I’m 33, a dog mom, and help raise my two youngest nephews. I deal with chronic illnesses/pain.

Like most, I’m not new to weight loss. I lost over 100 pounds 2014-2016, but gained most of it back. I’ve got 110-125 pounds to lose from my starting weight this time. I’ve lost a few so far. I’m taking it 10 pounds at a time.

I’d love to connect with others who deal with chronic illnesses or have other things in common with me, or simply want to be friends on here.

Editing to add that I used to use sparkpeople. My screen name was nearly the same on there. I hadn’t been on there in a couple years before they shut it down.

Replies

• MomtoDA
    MomtoDA Posts: 3 Member
    Hello! I am Em! I have about 170lbs to lose! I do not have any chronic illnesses, and I’m sorry to hear you do, but also excited you’re taking a step in the right direction! I have never lost enough weight to be healthy, and this is my first time on MFP!
  • DOAUK1
    DOAUK1 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, nice to meet you! I'm Al! Looking to lose about 100-140 and it feels impossible! I've done everything to try and lose weight. Now I'm working with a nutritionist and MFP, so we'll see how it goes! How are you finding it so far?
  • bonniemcc4
    MomtoDA wrote: »
    Hello! I am Em! I have about 170lbs to lose! I do not have any chronic illnesses, and I’m sorry to hear you do, but also excited you’re taking a step in the right direction! I have never lost enough weight to be healthy, and this is my first time on MFP!

Hi Em! I didn’t lose enough to be considered “healthy” before either, but it helped me feel better in general and I think that’s more important than a number on the scale or a BMI number.
  • bonniemcc4
    DOAUK1 wrote: »
    Hi, nice to meet you! I'm Al! Looking to lose about 100-140 and it feels impossible! I've done everything to try and lose weight. Now I'm working with a nutritionist and MFP, so we'll see how it goes! How are you finding it so far?

Hi Al! I like it and find it helpful. My suggestion with your weight loss, if you don’t mind me sharing, is to take it one step at a time and break your weight loss down into smaller chunks if you haven’t yet. It felt impossible to me last time until I did that so I think it was helpful to break it down. It also felt that way this time when I started, so I decided to take it 10 pounds at a time.
  • csdanielsrn
    csdanielsrn Posts: 6 Member
    Hi there, I too am extremely overweight with 170+ lbs to lose. I have Chronic pain syndrome, Chronic PTSD, and just had a pacemaker implanted last month. I also just got married on 2/22/22 to a wonderful man and I am 60 years old. I’ve overcome a lot in my life and have “hid” behind my weight for decades. Now I’m ready to let the past go and have begun my journey to lose this excess weight and try to improve my quality of life. I’d love to be a supportive friend if you’d like. I’m happy to share my ups and downs and listen and support others through theirs. One thing I know, is with support and determination we can do anything we set our minds to, including losing 100+ lbs and maintaining it for life!!!
  • BiggyFuzz
    BiggyFuzz Posts: 511 Member
    Add me. Would love to connect