6 or a couple meals?

Options
How often and why do ya'll eat? Hearin all sorts of stuff and just want wisdom and testimony ;)

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    3 times a day, 1 smallish meal, 1 larger meal and dessert/stuff to hit my macros if i'm deficient
  • bitterbrownie
    Options
    i eat 3 main meals a day because i'm at college and it's easiest. but now with free study periods and disrupted weekends, i often decrease the portion sizes and simply eat when i'm hungry and just watch the calorie intake :)
  • oopsiedaezie
    Options
    According to my plan, I am supposed to eat 5-6 times per day. 3 meals and 2-3 snacks, I am roughly eating every 2-3 hours; keep in mind that these are small meals. I take my alloted calories for the day and split it 5 ways even. It just works out better for me that way :happy: ~Daisy
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    It depends on my schedule. If I'm at home, typically I eat breakfast, work out, protein bar, lunch, dinner, snack. If I'm working it tends to be breakfast, protein shake, lunch, dinner, snack. So typically at least 4 meals.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    whenever im hungry ....like real hunger, not just "bored" hunger....usually i wake up and if i don't work out RIGHT away ill have a yogurt or a fruit....then like 1.5 hour later i have breakfast, 2 or 3 hours later have lunch.....then have dinner and after dinner like 2 hours i have a snack, usually one snakc every 1.5 hours that im awake after the first snack. i always eat a snack like an hour before i go to bed or so just so i won't be starving when i wake up.
  • LMorrison1009
    LMorrison1009 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I eat all day long. Work days, I get up at 5, have coffee around 7, eat breakfast around 8, lunch at 12, have snack on the ride home around 3:30, dinner at 5, and a snack around 8 pm so I'm not starving the next morning. I follow about the same routine most days, except Sundays are tough for me. We usually have a big meal so I eat much smaller meals during the rest of the day so I can splurge in the evening without going over. Eating all day long works best for me because in the past I would get busy, skip meals, and by the time I thought about eating, I would be starving and stuff my face with whatever I could find all while cooking a huge meal so that I could once again stuff my face. Once I started here, I figured out the calories etc. of what I USED to eat.. I would starve myself all day and overload on calories in about 2 hours at night. By planning ahead and eating throughout the day I am able to stay within my calories, never feel hungry, and stay away from the binges because I'm always satisfied and never hungry.
  • pinkandstars09
    Options
    I usually eat lunch and dinner and snack in between when i am hungry=)
  • midnight8
    Options
    Thank u all for advice. :) have u ever heard of eating more than ur body needs in one sitting, so then it is stored? Or sending ur body into starvation mode when it growls? Just feeling around to see what I think about what people have told me
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Whenever I can fit food in!

I almost always have breakfast as soon as I wake up but after that meal times are a bit hit and miss. I need to eat before I go to the gym because otherwise I faint so I can end up eating dinner at something ridiculous like 4.30 - and that could be on the same day that I was running a lunchtime club and didn't eat lunch till 2 or something. I usually save enough calories to have something before bed too. And usually I have a mid morning snack. Sometimes I will eat something in the car after the gym if I'm going straight on somewhere else instead of home.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Thank u all for advice. :) have u ever heard of eating more than ur body needs in one sitting, so then it is stored? Or sending ur body into starvation mode when it growls? Just feeling around to see what I think about what people have told me

most hunger growls are really just your body's need for water....its a sign of dehydration rather than "hunger".....i drink a GRIP of water a day and don't really have that growl feeling(unless its my body digesting the food)
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Three meals and two or three snacks for 1200-1470 calories a day. That way I don't get hungry and over eat at the next meal. I try to plan the whole day through at the start of the day so I know what and when I will eat. I have had days where I eat very healthy foods and have to force myself to eat more because I haven't eatenb 1200 cal. Of course there are random days when I am darn close to 1470 or a few over.
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I have 3 meals plus atleast 2 snacks sometimes 3. Keeping under 1500 cal
  • Darkness2120
    Options
    4-5 meals/day. And no real frequency (i.e. 2-3 hours), college student so I can't maintain a perfect frequency. I eat when I can and my body does the rest. Don't get hung up on frequency or "x" number of meals/day, just make sure you meet your calorie and macro, micro demands.
  • whatwentwrong
    Options
    i eat pretty much every 2 hours- 3 main meals of 300 a piece, and then 3-500 calories left over for snacks :)
  • JustusScottJr
    JustusScottJr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What do you mean about micros and macros?