spinach vs lettuce on a sub

Options
question for my MFP pals.... my bf and me were at subway yesterday for lunch and i had an oven crisp chicken sub. i usually get the footlong and eat half for one meal and he will have the other the next day. anyway, i got spinach on mine and he thinks it's gross (he likes the lettuce) and thinks i'm the only person in the world who likes spinach on my sub. so the question is spinach or lettuce as the green of choice

Replies

• pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I go with spinach. Has much more nutritional value than that shredded Iceberg.
  • Kinda79
    Kinda79 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    OH totally both! I love fresh spinach and eat in my omelets to! YUM!
  • Ladydi1982
    Ladydi1982 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I like the crispness of the lettuce, but I like the taste of spinach better. I also feel healthier choosing the nutrient dense spinach.

SPINACH ALL THE WAY!!!!
  • jennydarlin00
    jennydarlin00 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Spinach has more nutritional value than lettuce.
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I do both but spinach is my fav.....M'mm.
  • Alexandria1213
    Alexandria1213 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I like the spinach, yumm. but you could just do your half spinach and his lettuce
  • DiabeticAlien
    DiabeticAlien Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Why not both? It's good!!
  • biddy64
    biddy64 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I always go for the spinach and the lettuce on my sub, the more fresh greens the better.
  • wendorfa
    Options
    I do spinach on a BLT there. So I guess I get a BST lol! :bigsmile:
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I totally prefer spinach over lettuce on a sub.
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    spinach all the way, and the more the better!
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Spinach!
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Used to go for lettuce. But the spinach tastes better and is more nutritious. Spinach!
  • MSDRIZZ
    MSDRIZZ Posts: 246
    Options
    Spinach here. Both our Subway's quit carrying spinach a few years ago. The one closest to me just started carrying it again YAY. Is the oven chicken good? I have been meaning to try it.
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Like the others.. Spinach is better for you and it is something that I also prefer. Not just on subs, I also try to get all my salads with it instead of lettuce.
  • cat3nv
    cat3nv Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Spinach.

I pack my hubby's lunch every day and I put Spinach on his sandwiches. It is yummier and it does not get soggy like lettuce.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I prefer spinach over lettuce. I actually buy baby spinach and use it for everything... I never buy lettuce anymore.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I go with spinach. Has much more nutritional value than that shredded Iceberg.
    THIS. I rarely if ever eat iceburg
  • themrsbriggs
    themrsbriggs Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!!! We ended up doing half/half but he likes chopped spinach for dinners so that'll do for now :-)
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Both. I also like the crisp texture of the lettuce, but the flavor and nutrients of the spinach.