Who else is 5 2 and 127lbs?

Options
breannaedwards78
breannaedwards78 Posts: 1 Member
edited March 2022 in Health and Weight Loss
Have any of you lost 27 lbs quickly? If so please tell me how. The first 20lbs basically fell off after I had my son. I’m normally 105-110. I want my weight back. Now I’m just stuck!

Replies

• emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the forum. It’s not clear from your post how long ago you had your son, but if you are still breastfeeding you’ll want to be very careful about cutting too many calories so that you don’t affect your milk supply. (If this doesn’t apply to you, hopefully it will be helpful to someone else out there lurking and reading.)

I am 5’1” and “losing the weight again” after the pandemic. At your current weight and height, you are already a healthy BMI. Your targeted weight is reasonable for your height, but you’ll need to go slowly. Target yourself to lose a half pound per week. I realize you want to lose faster, but it’s important to select a healthy rate.

Since you are already a healthy BMI daily weight fluctuations may make it difficult to see your progress. The Happy Scale app may be useful for tracking your daily weight so that you can see the trend line behind those daily fluctuations. In my experience it takes a couple of weeks of daily weigh ins to see the data in the graph more clearly. Some people also recommend the Libra app. I personally don’t have experience with it but I’m sure it’s good based on input from others.

I’m not sure if this is the first time you’ve had a child, but it takes time for your body to recover. And even when you reach your goal weight, it’s likely your body shape will be a bit different. If you don’t already workout, you may want to look into strength training. With a young child you may find it difficult to get to the gym. If that’s the case, there are some good programs on YouTube to guide you through home workouts. I personally use HASfit.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    I always fond that weight loss slows down the lower your weight.

I would love to lose another 20 since having my baby 12 weeks ago as well. I'm just getting started and intend to do so slowly. I know I maintain around 2300 calories a day so I'm just aiming to eat anywhere from 1900 to 2200 a day depending on how I feel. I always eat more when I'm tired so I think it will work well to allow myself the wiggle room after the frequent bad nights.
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    You are already a healthy weight, so you likely won't lose it "quickly", nor should that be your goal. Aim for a half pound loss a week at most, as any more than that will be unhealthy and unsustainable given your already low weight. Especially if you are breastfeeding. Be kind to yourself and your body, and enjoy your son.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,313 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’1”, it took me months to drop from 125 to 105 when I was in my late 30s. It wasn’t an easy loss. I had a very strict diet, lifted, ran and rode my bike. I had a very supportive husband who gave me time to train daily.

After my kids in my late 20s/early 30s, i gained 40lbs with both pregnancies. I found that my initial weight drop (20-25lb) was pretty quick. I dropped the other 15 more slowly, but to get down to vanity weight, I just didn’t have what it took to get there is a healthy manner. I got down into the 120s, and that was a maintainable weight for me, with exercise and a reasonable diet. I didn’t start out at 105-110, so your experience may be different.