Favorite Pizza Chain Restaurant?

Options
Unsafe_Space
Unsafe_Space Posts: 34 Member
edited March 2022 in Chit-Chat
For me it's a toss up between Little Caesar's and Papa John's. Pizza Hut's has made me legit sick 2 times so I hesitate to order with them anymore, but their pizza was nothing special anyhow. I like that Spicy Italian specialty pizza from Papa John's, but $5~$6 for a large pepperoni pizza with a fresh, never frozen crust made-from-scrath in-house at Little Caesar's sure runs a good bargain and tastes great, too.

What's your favorite Pizza chain?

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I've never met a bad pizza. :/
    We've had Pizza Hut, they're okay. We've had Domino's, they're also ok. Sbarro's is good. Our best local pizza is a family owned pizza place. But the best pizza I've ever had was one my dd ordered for us in Boston. Course I have no idea what the name of the place was.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Little Caesar's pizza here is sadly inedible. I'm normally of the opinion that any food that hasn't required my effort to produce is "good food" but I'd rather cook than eat their pizza (and that's saying a lot).

Pizza Hut is definitely one of my favourites but I can't allow myself that kind of sodium overdose very often.

#1 chain for me is Pizza Pizza. They were the first to offer whole wheat crust for any size pizza, now they have a good selection of faux meats, plant-based toppings, keto crusts, etc.

Nothing compares to pizza from a wood-fired oven though.
  • chantavalanche
    chantavalanche Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Panago!! <3
  • Unsafe_Space
    edited March 2022
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Little Caesar's pizza here is sadly inedible. I'm normally of the opinion that any food that hasn't required my effort to produce is "good food" but I'd rather cook than eat their pizza (and that's saying a lot).

Pizza Hut is definitely one of my favourites but I can't allow myself that kind of sodium overdose very often.

#1 chain for me is Pizza Pizza. They were the first to offer whole wheat crust for any size pizza, now they have a good selection of faux meats, plant-based toppings, keto crusts, etc.

"Little Caesar's pizza here is sadly inedible"

By "here" do you mean in your area because the locations manage your somehow botch their pizzas, or Little Caesar's is inedible for yourself in general?
  • Unsafe_Space
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I've been to Chicago and had deep dish from the likes of Lou Malnati's and one other place (my thoughts on it are low), and I've been to places like NYC and had authentic NY pizza from places like Prince Street Pizza (overpriced mediocrity with rude customer service from people who seemingly lack people skills), and I genuinely mean it when I say Little Caesar's knocks these places out. Just my 2 cents.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,260 Member
    Options
    Pizza pizza cause it's what my boy likes
    I try not to order from chains cause none are ever very good
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I prefer several types of low priced frozen pizzas over Little Caesar's, I think the stuff is terrible.

A few local places are good, Pizza Hut or Papa Johns is ok now and then, and for the better deal and pizza from a chain Papa Murphys. It's a freshly made but cook at home pizza, and beats the other chain stuff hands down if you ask me. I saw the ads for the local one and thought it was nuts really. Why would I go pick up a pizza to cook myself and eat at home? But they have probably been 80-90% of our pizza purchases for the last couple of years.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I've been to Chicago and had deep dish from the likes of Lou Malnati's and one other place (my thoughts on it are low), and I've been to places like NYC and had authentic NY pizza from places like Prince Street Pizza (overpriced mediocrity with rude customer service from people who seemingly lack people skills), and I genuinely mean it when I say Little Caesar's knocks these places out. Just my 2 cents.

I live in Chicago, and that deep dish crap is just what we feed to the tourists. Lou Malnati's is the WORST.

Real Chicago pizza is very thin, cracker crisp crust cut into small squares. Often referred to as "tavern-style" and not achievable at national chain restaurants.
  • Unsafe_Space
    Options

I live in Chicago, and that deep dish crap is just what we feed to the tourists. Lou Malnati's is the WORST.

Real Chicago pizza is very thin, cracker crisp crust cut into small squares. Often referred to as "tavern-style" and not achievable at national chain restaurants.

I'm over here wondering how people tolerate that deep dish mess that they call a pizza. With the cheese and marinara sauce being on top and the ingredients underneath, it all comes out undercooked and somewhat raw. This video is basically how I feel about it, I just want to chuck it onto the sidewalk or whatever:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PXOCEcIWiec

Anyway, the pizza you just described? I actually did try some of that one. That one isn't bad.
  • Unsafe_Space
    Options
    robertw486 wrote: »
    I prefer several types of low priced frozen pizzas over Little Caesar's, I think the stuff is terrible.

A few local places are good, Pizza Hut or Papa Johns is ok now and then, and for the better deal and pizza from a chain Papa Murphys. It's a freshly made but cook at home pizza, and beats the other chain stuff hands down if you ask me. I saw the ads for the local one and thought it was nuts really. Why would I go pick up a pizza to cook myself and eat at home? But they have probably been 80-90% of our pizza purchases for the last couple of years.

I gave Pizza Hut one more chance last night. Never again. The crust legit tastes, and has the consistency of, cardboard.
  • Unsafe_Space
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I've never met a bad pizza. :/
    We've had Pizza Hut, they're okay. We've had Domino's, they're also ok. Sbarro's is good. Our best local pizza is a family owned pizza place. But the best pizza I've ever had was one my dd ordered for us in Boston. Course I have no idea what the name of the place was.

I often forget Sbarro's existence. I'll need to give them another try.
  • Unsafe_Space
    Options

I'm over here thinking about it. You know, that thin crust pizza from Chicago really is kind of good. I'm also looking at photos of Chicago's deep dish. You know that really acidic tasting saliva you get in your mouth right before vomiting? I'm getting that just looking at that deep dish pizza in photos 😬🤣
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options

I'm over here thinking about it. You know, that thin crust pizza from Chicago really is kind of good. I'm also looking at photos of Chicago's deep dish. You know that really acidic tasting saliva you get in your mouth right before vomiting? I'm getting that just looking at that deep dish pizza in photos 😬🤣

The Chicago thin crust is even better if you order it "well done". This insures that the crust is crispy and the cheese is browned.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I can't do chain pizza. We have a few legit pizzerias in town and I'm not sure why anyone would bother. The only chain pizza I eat is Dion's which is a large local chain...but even then, their quality has gone down pretty significantly over the last 15-20 years or so with expanding the chain to numerous locations within the metro and across the state.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    Pizza Hut is my favorite. Little Caesar's is my second. Domino's is third. I like Blaze's, and I've never had pizza from many of the smaller chain pizza restaurants like Mod's. I've had pizza locally owned and I like that, too. I love pizza. I'm not picky.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,618 Member
    Options
    I have no idea if it's an actual chain but I used to throw down a medium cheese pizza from Ameci in no time.

(I think that could mean eat the whole damned thing really really fast...which is what I meant.) :)

I never knew why people didn't like Dominos. It tasted good enough for me!

(I did not like Papa John's. Something about the sauce.)
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

"Little Caesar's pizza here is sadly inedible"

By "here" do you mean in your area because the locations manage your somehow botch their pizzas, or Little Caesar's is inedible for yourself in general?

My city. Which has two locations, both of which produce the same dismal quality. I can't fathom how they manage to turn out something with so little flavour, I think the box it comes in would probably be tastier.

ETA: And I'm so far from being a pizza snob, one of my all-time favourites is actually a $6 take-and-bake deli pizza from a chain grocery store.
  • TheSaladDodger83
    TheSaladDodger83 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Worst for me is Domino’s …. How that place is still in business I’ll never know!
    Pizza Hut is consistent but I’d never call it great. Maybe I should try papa johns
  • Unsafe_Space
    Options
    I'm gonna deviate a little. I know Digiorno isn't restaurant pizza, but.. can we admit that stuff is kinda bomb-diggetty? 🍕
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    What?? Are you ignoring Tony's frozen pizza? :)