WHAT IS YOUR AVERAGE WEIGHT LOST PER MONTH?

Options

Replies

• Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    4 lb/mo on MFP. Glad you asked! I hadn't thought to look it up. Nice to know I'm hitting the 1 lb/week mark pretty well on the nose. Very happy with my results.
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    2 to 3 pounds a month....need to see what im doing wrong...I think I should be losing more

Hey, as long as you're still consistently losing thats great!
  • FitRodr
    FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    4 - 5 per month... I'm happy with that. Any faster and I'm not sure my body would be able to adjust. Been there, done that. I, like others really believe that this is the best way to stay forever healthy.
  • GettinMyLifeBck
    GettinMyLifeBck Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Im losing around 8-10lbs a month so about 2-3 pounds a week!!! Working out at least 5 days a week
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I average about 4 a month.

I average about 4-5 too
  • Taralmh
    Taralmh Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Mine was 5lbs per month, but now I am doing good to lose 1.
    THe smaller you are the less you lose per month.
  • jimmy_jenkins
    Options
    10.6lbs per month for 5 Months
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    7 for me
  • weightofyourskin
    Options
    Around two pounds a month even though I set MFP to lose 1 pound a week. After two months I got annoyed and raised it to 1.5 pounds a week... still losing two a month.

It's really frustrating, since I stay under or very close to my calorie goal and try to exercise as much as I can (a little less now than during the summer since I started grad school, but still). I try to remind myself that 2 pounds a month is 24 pounds in a year and that I need to just keep at it!
  • weightofyourskin
    Options
    Whooops, double post!
  • geekymom57
    geekymom57 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I am averaging about 3 pounds a month, but it's very inconsistent-. My TSH levels had increased again so about a month ago my synthroid dosage was increased. I'm still pretty much stuck where I've been the past month, but I have lost some inches (or fractions) so that's encouraging. As someone else mentioned, if 2-3 pounds a month is discouraging, do the math for a year and it seems much better.

That doesn't mean I don't have twinges of envy at times, though, when I see people with similar stats and goals losing a lot more than I am.
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    usually 4-5 lbs per month, 7-8 if I get my exercise in regulary
  • amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    From last Oct to May (30 weeks) and down 14lbs. If my math is right thats .46 lbs a month. My biggest drop was Feb where I loss 6lbs just by changing gym.
    Took a 2 month break and gained ~3lbs.
    I have been logging 70 days and back down to where I was in May.
  • Melbel85
    Melbel85 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I average around 10 lbs a month.
  • bogotachica
    Options
    1.25lbs a week is my average.
  • narenn
    Options
    Anywhere from 8-15lbs. Usually around 10.
  • Fit4sure
    Fit4sure Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I lost the excess weight I was carrying over 5 years ago and have maintained that loss successfully. I think that part of the reason is that I did it in a healthy manner and didn't get in a big hurry. It took 19 months for me to get to my goal and I then dropped a few more pounds for a total of about 120 lbs. loss @ an average of 1.3 lbs. a week (5.2 lbs. a month). At first I lost MORE than that average per month and at the last a lot less...but that's the average over that time.

Healthy weight loss is supposed to be between 1/2 and 2 lbs. a week so I fell right within that average.

I'm happy!
  • roblow65
    roblow65 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I hit my first 30 days today and I'm down 5 lbs, but quite a few in inches too. My clothes are feeling so much better and definitely looser! :bigsmile:
  • ignatiusreilly
    ignatiusreilly Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    10-11
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    maybe 1-2
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!