I’m a 55 year old female…. Will this work?

Options
Just created an account today, mainly for tracking calories. Wondering if other women my age have had any luck here….??? I’m overweight for the first time in my life and need to lose 50-60 pounds. I just can’t stand packing this extra weight around anymore!

Replies

• avatiach
    avatiach Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    It works if you work it.
  • martinsuliv527
    martinsuliv527 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes it will
  • katrose1985
    katrose1985 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I’m not the same age, but it definitely works. I lost 50 lbs in less than a year after my first baby and now I’m back to do it again after baby #2! Feel free to add me…I’m a great cheer leader and I log daily! Best of luck!
  • MsMcClane
    MsMcClane Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am 54 yr old cisgen woman looking to lose 40 lbs. Just signed up last week. I did so after witnessing my nephew(50 yrs) using MFP and has lost 60+lbs and continues to use MFP for maintenance. Thought I would give it a shot. Feel free to add me as a friend :smile:
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,838 Member
    Options
    I lost 50+ pounds by calorie counting, class 1 obese to a healthy weight, using MFP, back in 2015-16, at age 59-60. I've maintained a healthy weight the same way for 6+ years since, after around 30 years beforehand of overweight/obesity.

I'd say it works, for those who work at it. 😉
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,899 Member
    Options
    Started at 56, currently 59, and 60% of the woman I used to be.

Yes, it works. If you do.

You can’t download it and wait for it to wreak some kind of magic. You have to do it.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    I’m 60 and slowly lost 35 ish pounds over the last couple of years. I don’t think age is any sort of obstacle.

I’ve counted calories off and on all my life, even back in the days when pen, paper and a little booklet from a magazine was the only way! It works if you’re honest with yourself and log everything.