Less Alcohol ~ ☘MARCH 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Replies

• globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,516 Member
    I've been in 'training mode' these days and obsessing about my health instead of wine for a change. I'm riding this mood as long as I can. Spring usually brings out the best in me. I've been taking good quality fish oil pills, something new for me and I wonder if they are having an effect on my mood.

Really nice work on that painting @MissMay!

Allright time for me to stop chatting and get out the door for a run.

Have a really good day & be extra good to you :)
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,270 Member
    March 1-2 AF
    March 3- wine 3 glasses (almost went for a 4th but switched to water and very glad I did because I feel good this morning)
    March 4 - wine 3 glasses
    March 5 - overdid it and threw up 🤢
    March 6- AF
    March 7- AF
    March 8 - AF
    March 9 - wine 3 glasses
    March 10 - AF
    March 11 - wine 2 glasses
    March 12 - wine 3 glasses
    March 13 - wine 1 glass
    March 14 - AF
    March 15 - AF
    March 16 - AF (discovered a hemp oil infused fizzy beverage- great for AF night)
    March 17- 19 - wine 3 glasses
    March 20-21-22 - AF
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    Played a round of golf yesterday with my son, and wanted to “celebrate” with a drink afterwards. Which, if I think about it, is a completely silly thing to celebrate. So I did 18 holes instead of my usual nine, that requires alcohol???? So we just went home, and didn’t have a drink. Ok yes I did take one sip of my husband’s drink. Actually that my be a good way for me to wean down! Just take a sip of his and then the craving passes!

Two nights of AF mean my weight is coming down. I’ve also been staying away from the delicious Irish Soda Bread we still have in the fridge. 2.5 pounds to my goal weight!
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited March 2022
    @MissMay - Love your painting ... perfect color, abstractness and texture.

Monday night book club I joined everyone in ordering a margarita. DH opened a bottle of wine before I left home and when I returned he was on bourbon & sprite.
    Tuesday night Italian dinner out ... we split a bottle of red wine and then did not indulge in anything more which was a win in my mind.

My personal plan for this evening is AF once again.

I'm doing really well this month.

March accountability: 14 days AF
    Alcohol: 8 days (16 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

3/1 - 3 wine Mardi Gras / Fat Tuesday
    3/2 - AF Beginning of Lent
    3/3 - AF
    3/4 - AF
    3/5 - 1 wine w/ dinner before baseball game
    3/6 - AF
    3/7 - AF
    3/8 - AF
    3/9 - AF
    3/10 - AF
    3/11 - AF
    3/12 - 2 wine (DH only bought 1 bottle!)
    3/13 - AF
    3/14 - 2 wine (DH only bought 1 bottle!)
    3/15 - 2 wine @ my sisters w/ cousins visiting
    3/16 - AF 📚
    3/ 17 - AF
    3/18 - 3 wine @ my sisters with the entire family
    3/19 - AF @ baby shower and in the evening
    3/20 - AF
    3/21 - 1 margarita 📚
    3/22 - 2 wine dining out
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,546 Member
    I am Dawn. My ongoing goal is 16-20 AF days per month. I was a daily drinker when I began on this thread in November of 2018.

Diary style is how I keep track.

Friday March 18 - Drinks including a Spanish Cava.
    Saturday March 19 - Drinks, finished the bottle of Cava, which kept its fizz with saran over the top. It was delicious. Had it after a day of puttering and then an awesome long hike.
    Sunday March 20 - AF - Very windy here today, so I worked on completing the cleaning of everything on my porch. I know that it will be dirty again soon from the street, but I have curtains around 2/3 of it so that keeps the dust in those areas down somewhat. Housecleaning and laundry, not a very exciting day, but a really nice way to spend the day off of work. Listened to hours of "2 Cellos" these guys from Croatia that play in all of these awesome places. They are going to be near Dallas this month, but I can't really get the time off of work right now. Maybe I will catch them somewhere more exotic some day, like Verona.
    Monday March 21st - AF - March came in like a lamb around these parts, but the first day of spring here today was grey and windy. Cranbrook is the sunniest city in BC, so I guess that I should practice some patience.
    Tuesday March 22nd - AF - I am working a split tomorrow at the restaurant, with Foster Grant jobs before that and during my afternoon break. Planning on having a couple of drinks tomorrow night in a nice bubble bath.

Rolling total: 15 AF days out of 22 days
  • Lilylady3k
    DH and I were both AF last night!!!

March accountability: 15 days AF
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.
  • Lilylady3k
    DH had bourbon & sprite this evening. I decided to hit 16 AF days! Last time I did that was August 2021 and before that Nov 2020. It is rare that I hit my top range goal. Feels good!

March accountability: 16 days AF
  • dawnbgethealthy
    I am Dawn. My ongoing goal is 16-20 AF days per month. I was a daily drinker when I began on this thread in November of 2018.

Diary style is how I keep track.

Tuesday March 22nd - AF - I am working a split tomorrow at the restaurant, with Foster Grant jobs before that and during my afternoon break. Planning on having a couple of drinks tomorrow night in a nice bubble bath.
    Wednesday March 23rd - 2 drinks. Long work day, it was really nice to get home and into my jammies.
    Thursday March 24 - AF - Super great weather today, went for a nice walk after work. Took a gazillion photos as usual. I will post some. Planned drinks over the weekend. Happy to hit my 16, as usual.

Rolling total: 16 AF days out of 24 days
  • dawnbgethealthy
    edited March 2022
    This is a small park that I went to often with my bestie who moved away. It is called Idlewilde. There are fishing piers for seniors and kids under 12. It is a good skating lake in the winter. No boats or swimming.
    It is 12 minutes around, so a nice option to do once or 5 times.
    It will be a quick nice little morning stroll for us @globalhiker : - )

This picture ... had to be taken. It looks like the sunbeam is directly melting the ice:

fqg9eyzxrto3.png

• Lilylady3k
    @dawnbgethealthy - Lovely picture!

@globalhiker - Your 5 year plan sounds wonderful. I wish you the best in finding that rhythm.

We are still struggling with what to do with our permanent residence. Sell and by something smaller that we can easily close up or remodel the place we have ... decisions decisions.
    I agree on the 2nd home front. We have one which we wish to sell because 1. Not in a location we want permanently. It is too remote (closest gas station or groceries 20 miles) and far from our home to maintain (5 hr non-scenic drive). 2. Expense (property taxes, repairs, yard, bug, internet, electricity, water services ~$15-20K per year) which we could use to travel to different locales 3. And then there is my Mom which is the reason we have it in the first place. She lives next door and it is not relaxing

I'm looking into VRBO or something to book in 2023 for 1-3 months in northern Spain. If anyone has recommendations of a way to book a place for an extended stay without the expensive fees that go along with using AirBNB or VRBO please send the ideas my way!
    I'm having lunch on Tuesday with a friend that goes on an extended "slowcation" each year in a different locale to gather advice.
    I'm starting my Spanish lessons again April-June after taking 2021 off from pursuing my initial goal to learn another language during retirement (set in 2019 and I did well in 2019-2020 ... not some much in 2021).
  • Lilylady3k
    2 glasses of wine with a yummy new recipe!

Cajun Shrimp Spaghetti Squash
    https://lowcarbquick.com/cajun-shrimp-spaghetti-squash/

March accountability: 16 days AF
    Alcohol: 9 days (18 drinks)
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,547 Member
    LOOK CLOSELY at first you see the romance between the good life and alcohol. BUT this is actually an ad for MOCKTAILS. I love this so much.
    m4ck25rpq4ow.jpg