Less Alcohol ~ ☘MARCH 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,561 Member
    Options
    Long weekend having a sick husband since Friday at noon.. He thought he was getting better, but again today 90% spent in bed.

Ok so Friday night I did enjoy one prosecco by myself while watching painting videos. Kept to one as I promised myself.

Then today I wanted to pull out all my hair and make strawberry 🍓 daquires and lemon 🍋 drop martinis because I could not get art to come out the way I wanted.
    Deep breath......walk away, go clean the brushes and tomorrow is another day.
    Go drink COFFEE!

AF (not sure how I managed that)
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,825 Member
    Options
    DH asked if we needed to get bottles of wine since my sister was coming to dinner. Nope! We had an AF evening :)

March accountability: 4 days AF
    Alcohol: 2 days (4 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    March 1-2 AF
    March 3- wine 3 glasses (almost went for a 4th but switched to water and very glad I did because I feel good this morning)
    March 4 - wine 3 glasses
    March 5 - overdid it and threw up 🤢
    March 6- AF
    March 7- AF
  • MissMay
    Options
    Quick quick check in~

March 6th accountability so far:

5AF
    1A (1 standard size drink)

More later.........
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,647 Member
    Options
    I am Dawn. My ongoing goal is 16-20 AF days per month. I was a daily drinker when I began on this thread in November of 2018.

Diary style is how I keep track.

Tuesday March 01 - AF - Day 2 of a 7 day cleanse heavy on brown rice, almonds, and allums, so no alcohol or anything fermented amongst other things like fungus, sugar, wheat, grapes etc.
    Wednesday March 02 - AF - Easier to be off of alcohol than the cream in my coffee in the mornings :neutral:
    Thursday March 03 - AF - My 5th AF day in a row, so not my usual, but the cleanse.
    Friday March 04 - AF - My usual day this year so far (because of my newest schedule) of kicking back and having a couple of drinks. A Grand Marnier sounded like a nice idea. It can wait. My mouth was salty and dry this evening, although I haven't had any salt or anything with salt in it for 5 days. Perhaps the cleanse is getting rid of stuff?
    Saturday March 05 - AF - I usually post in the mornings when I post my weight and stuff into other forums. Weekends are different. Got up for an hour walk around Jimsmith Lake today. Finally had some time. It was joyous and glorious. Photos to come
    Sunday March 06 - AF - Basically finished my cleanse, but it will go on for a few days more but with the addition of coffee cream and bananas. No plans for alcohol until later in the week.

Rolling total: 6 AF days out of 6 days
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,647 Member
    Options
    The ice is not safe to be on up at Jimsmith Lake. There is still a bit of snow up there (haven't had any in town for weeks). You can see where some people had shoveled rinks out for themselves:

sbtaqap5osht.png

Thanks to whoever pulled their child on a sled, it made this trail easier to walk : - )

y19fgd6jfd45.png

Hard to tell by this, but both Saturday and Sunday provided "diamonds" in the snow. So lovely. This is the depth beside the fishing dock:

xpzqg20umz0u.png

Alkali lakes on Sunday, they were fragrant this time of year

eovbbk73qj5h.png

This is the view from my downtown house. The Rockies really won't lose there snow.

gn1s9663xqze.png

This is Baker mountain across from me. We don't begin to plant here until the snow is melted on the top of this.

g1ui3dzuvy2k.png

• MissMay
    Options
    Wonderful pictures @dawnbgethealthy glad to hear you made it through your cleanse. I have only made it 3 days on a 7 day cleanse. So I commend you for going full term.
  • MissMay
    Options
    Hello! alcohol free week 1 in the books.

AWESOME JOB @punkahontas71. How are you feeling?
  • MissMay
    Options
    tmbg1 wrote: »
    March 1-2 AF
    March 3- wine 3 glasses (almost went for a 4th but switched to water and very glad I did because I feel good this morning)
    March 4 - wine 3 glasses
    March 5 - overdid it and threw up 🤢
    March 6- AF
    March 7- AF

Hope you are feeling better after March 5th"s hiccup.
    4AF days is something to be proud of, never the less 😁
  • MissMay
    Options
    @lmlmrn I am super happy to have you joining in that group. Why should I have all the fun?

Personally I felt your post was expressing both sarcastic and sincere feelings. That is what I love about you 🤪

They say we should all step out of our comfort zone, try new things and challenge ourselves. Get out of that stale slump, push ourselves beyond the safe zone.

Guaranteed this month will FLY by with that 31 day art adventure.

Naps are good.
  • MissMay
    Options
    Lilylady3k wrote: »
    DH asked if we needed to get bottles of wine since my sister was coming to dinner. Nope! We had an AF evening :)

March accountability: 4 days AF
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

How lucky @Lilylady3k to have an AF companion in your home sticking by your side. ❣
  • MissMay
    edited March 2022
    Options
    AF yesterday...if I can make it through a Saturday night AF with a drinking husband in the house, I can do anything!

Glorious day today and enjoying the weather before it heats up.

I'm with you @globalhiker An every day drinker in my house makes me feel like super woman to stay AF during it all.

LOVE balsamic vinegar btw. 😋
  • Lilylady3k
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy - Love the pictures!!! Thank you for sharing them with us. By the looks of the snow on that mountain it might be a while before you start planting your garden. Here is Houston I usually start my herb/veggie garden ~ March 17 when the Pecan Trees begin leafing out. That is my sign there will be no more cold ... looks like one more cool snap this week :)
  • Lilylady3k
    Options
    Tonight we cooked Italian for dinner. DH said he would love a nice red wine ... but he did not go to the liquor store. He said "this is going to be hard" and distracted himself. :)

Another AF evening!

March accountability: 5 days AF
    DH gave up alcohol for Lent and asked I support him. 6 weeks! He is skeptical that he can do it but I'm all in with him ... and said I would make the same commitment.

3/1 - 3 wine Mardi Gras / Fat Tuesday
    3/2 - AF Beginning of Lent
    3/3 - AF
    3/4 - AF
    3/5 - 1 wine w/ dinner before baseball game
    3/6 - AF
    3/7 - AF
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Oh man, did I want a drink tonight! First AF in about a month, and it’s hard! But, I am being diligent about logging my food, and don’t have the room, calorie-wise. Not a bad thing, considering I had three drinks this past Saturday night, which for me is a lot.

Thanks for the link, @globalhiker ! Yet more reasons to drink coffee!

@MissMay and @lmlmrn the art challenge sounds really great. Do they allow stick figures? That’s about the extent of my artistic talents! Haha!