Fitbit

Options
Does anyone have an issue with your fitbit not showing your exercise and steps?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    So the device is showing the info, but your Fitbit account is not?

Or the Fitbit device isn't even showing it?

Either way, time engage Fitbit for support as going to MFP just the wrong path.
  • nwmm
    nwmm Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Mine. MyFitnessPal doesn’t seem to be syncing with my Fitbit.
  • kaceybear1031
    kaceybear1031 Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I'm having the same issue it shows steps for the 3rd but not the 4th or today. 3/5/22
  • CarolPre
    CarolPre Posts: 1,852 Member
    Options
    Mine stopped syncing yesterday too. Today, I went on the MFP web site and found that the Fitbit app had been disconnected from MFP. I chose it again, and now it syncs.

Carol
  • age_is_just_a_number
    age_is_just_a_number Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    It’s a known issue that Fitbit and mfp are working on fixing.

The mfp food and exercise do go to the Fitbit app.
    The Fitbit exercise does not go to the mfp app.

This is what I’ve been doing:
    I do my workout. Get the calories burned from Fitbit. Then enter those as exercise in mfp. The mfp exercise shows up on the Fitbit app and I delete it because it’s a duplicate.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    I had to reconnect to Fitbit from MFP today and it seems to be working again
  • Chezzyp
    Chezzyp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Three days in a row now - MFP isn't picking up my exercise points from FitBit and, correspondingly, FitBit isn't showing calories in on the dashboard. Anyone know if they're still working on the problem?
  • heybales
    Options
    Chezzyp wrote: »
    Three days in a row now - MFP isn't picking up my exercise points from FitBit and, correspondingly, FitBit isn't showing calories in on the dashboard. Anyone know if they're still working on the problem?

You can click Help in the app or website to see current known issues being worked on, and recommended things to do and sometimes more importantly NOT to do.

https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us
  • heybales
    Options
    Chezzyp wrote: »

Just to confirm - check your setting for Step Source - should say Fitbit.
    An app upgrade or flakiness can sometimes put that back to None. While there may want to switch it to None and save out, then back in and switch to Fitbit again.

When you have accounts linked that setting says send and receive data from that supported account.

When you don't have accounts linked it means do exactly and only what it says - get a step count from that device that better be linked to the same device MFP app is running on.

You want the former of course.
  • katrinajallen
    katrinajallen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yup. I am having problems with my Fitbit steps not being synced to MFP. I have disconnected and reconnected numerous times to no avail. It had been working and now for the last week--nothing.
  • ThisIsCharity
    ThisIsCharity Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Dealing with the same. I link and unlinked and Uninstalled and reinstalled and still nothing. Just stopped in the middle of yesterday.
  • Locolady98
    Locolady98 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Same issue happening with me. I'm glad I found this thread, so I know it's not just me!
  • nwmm
    nwmm Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I’m still having the same problem. It’s been weeks now! I bought a new Fitbit and it didn’t connect either. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled countless times. And my emails to mfp have gone without a reply since they had to sent it up the chain. Soooo frustrating.
  • th41758
    th41758 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My steps from my fitbit are syncing but I never get any calories burned showing on my diary. Why is this?
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,341 Member
    Options
    th41758 wrote: »
    My steps from my fitbit are syncing but I never get any calories burned showing on my diary. Why is this?

One possible reason is that your calorie burn according to your fitbit doesn't exceed the activity level you chose on MFP. You only get extra calories when you exceed it.