same exercises every time... boring, help me!

Options
here's what i do at the gym, 30minutes on the treadmill, 15 minutes on the bike, about 30minutes of strength training and then 15 minutes of elliptical... now i get a great burn but it gets dull doing the same thing, what are some of the routines you guys do? any suggestions? i wanna change it up! also i wanna try a spin bike... but i dont know how to use it...

Replies

• LindseyDD
    LindseyDD Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You should really lift before you do cardio - unless you are just warming up! So once I do my 25-30 minutes of weights I do 45 minutes on the arc trainer and then 30 minutes on the stair stepper. When I notice that my calorie burn is going down I usually increase the resistance, or I use the treadmill on interval and get a good burn walking uphill. As far as getting bored, I read a book!
  • jenneyd
    jenneyd Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Stair master...very challenging. Kettle bells...fun!!
  • versuga
    versuga Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Is there a spin class offered at your gym? I love spin class when I get a chance to go! If your gym offers classes, give them a try. They are usually pretty fun!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    There's lots of free programs you can find online. And yes you should lift before cardio to efficiently use your glycogen efficiently.
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I do a ten minute warm up on the treadmill if I run during my warm-up then my incline is at 1 or 2 if I walk my incline is at 8 or 9. Then I do ab activation with different kinds of ab workouts. After this I start my circuits. I usually do three circuits and in-between each circuit I run on a 1 or 2 incline with increasing intervals usually 4:30,and 5:00. Then I finish my workout with a 15 min run and stretching.
  • paulagabay
    Options
    The spinn instructor will help you with your bike etc. The classes are fun too. I used to do a lot of spinn before I quit the gym. Now I go to the thrift store and buy different dvd's and videos and am not bored at all.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    do you do any intervals on the treadmill? that could help. does your gym have any classes to take?
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options

Love the stair master .. never done the kettle bells but the name sounds fun..
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options

Love the stair master .. never done the kettle bells but the name sounds fun..
  • jagspal
    Options
    If your gym offers a "boot camp" you might want to give that a try it is always different and never boring.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    change it up, vary your workout - get some tabata rounds in there: 20 seconds on/10 seconds off for a total of 4 minutes at high intensity: sit ups, push ups, squats. Sounds easy? try it.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    also, check out this site: http://www.bodyrock.tv/ there is probably a lot that you can do if you have access to gym equipment, and she puts out a new workout each week. she's totally hardcore - i'm not there yet!
  • Bollman_Leah
    Options
    the stairs i do every now and then, it kicks my butt!!!
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Yoga can be a great workout and has many other benefits. I also love kettle bells. They are so fun and versatile.