Any Yoga fans out there?

sweettooth
sweettooth Posts: 4
edited September 18 in Fitness and Exercise
Just curious - any yoga fans out there? I just recently started and its becoming my favorite type of exercise. Anyone else tried it?

Replies

• I love the Crunch Fat-burning yoga/Joy of Yoga DVD. I lost my copy (usually take it with my laptop when I travel) and have to buy a new one, even though I've done it so many times I have it memorized. You've just reminded me how important that DVD was to my first year in grad school! I really find that it helps me to relax and feel toned.
  • juan gear
    juan gear Posts: 10 Member
    sweettooth wrote:
    Just curious - any yoga fans out there? I just recently started and its becoming my favorite type of exercise. Anyone else tried it?

Have been doing it for a few years. Love it , really help keeping me limber now that I may be over my hill some.
  • boneheadeb
    boneheadeb Posts: 14 Member
    I do yoga twice per week at my local gym at lunchtime. Very relaxing. When I keep up with it regularly, I am much more limber, which is important for us old folks.
  • kathyvdh
    kathyvdh Posts: 66 Member
    Have you tried to look up yoga on caloriesperhour.com? You can get just about anything on that site & then create your own exercise in myfitnesspal. Just a thought.

Kathy
  • andiatkinson
    andiatkinson Posts: 2 Member
    thanks for the tip! I'll check out that site
  • momsfood
    momsfood Posts: 13 Member
    Ya it became a part of my life ....it changed me a lot .... nice to see you
  • I love Yoga it's relaxing and I like it better than Pilates. I can't wait to fit Yoga into my workout schedule. I just started exercising again and I have to start off slow.
  • my husband and I are just getting ready to start. can't wait.
  • I love yoga!!
    I only have time for 3h a week... With 2 little kids I can't do more..
    I will love to be able to practice every-day!!:heart:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    I love yoga! Nothing feels quite as good, and I think the three minutes of shavasana (sp?) at the end of class are my most relaxing three minutes of the week.

I've been practicing for a few years, and had sort of stopped after a knee surgery, but I've set the intention of going at least 2x a week from now on.

In Southern California we have (of course) tons of great studios, but I've actually found that my gym has great, challenging classes. I'm going to add it as one of my fitness exercises -- I'm glad to hear from the instructor above that it can burn 200 - 400 calories an hour!

What's everyone's favorite kind?

Sometimes I like power Ashtanga or Vinyasa yoga, other times I like something a bit more mellow. I tried Bikram in NYC and thought I was going to pass out...
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Love it! I do two classes a week and a Saturday class if we don't have other stuff going on! It is fabulous!
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    I love yoga! I started at home w/ DVDs then got hooked on Bikram, I did that for 3 years. I'm so much more limber and it improved my posture immensely.
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    me me me me me

I love yoga

And I find I am really sad without it. my body does need it and now it shows in my lifestyle.

I need to go back. And I will. As soon as we stop getting back to back blizzards :wink:
  • esp331
    esp331 Posts: 13
    Bikram is amazing. If you like yoga- try bikram! It's my new favorite thing! You feel so muh more flexible!
  • Lyndal
    Lyndal Posts: 16 Member
    I hate to admit this...................but I have never tried Yoga!! But after reading all these replies on how good it is, I want to try. I'm confused as to what type of yoga is best?? Any body any tips for a 46 year old reasonably fit but never ever done yoga????
  • This is a replay for Lyndal:
    I think is great that you want to give a try...You will love it...:heart:
    The yoga I practice is Vinyasa & Ashtanga... All kind of people come to the class of all ages..
    But the best thing to do, is to go to your local yoga studio and ask the instructors about it.
    Good luck with that!!!:flowerforyou:
    Peace&Love
    Sonia
  • Lyndal
    Lyndal Posts: 16 Member
    Thanks Sonia,

I'm definitely going to give it a go!:
This discussion has been closed.