Sexy and Sassy - Week 3 (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    @Zukekitty

Be careful. A walk is as good as a run. Take care of yourself; pain is not your friend.
  • spurradic
    spurradic Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    i dont really remember if i updated for monday or not, so ill do monday's and yesterday's together today. completed the bushmen challenge, over water, and under calories for both days. hopefully i can manage to get something more than the daily challenges in today. i too will probably hold off on my extra 5 miles till this weekend (unless i stumble upon some extra time during the week).

hope everyone has a great day!
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    I promised a poem for this challenge. Here it is. Take whatever stanza has meaning for you and apply it to the rest of your September.

Halfway
    Not empty, not full,
    Not beginning, not ending,
    Not entering, not exiting.

Halfway
    A state of limbo,
    A crossroads,
    A dare.

Halfway
    A testament to accomplishment,
    A pause for reflection,
    A challenge toward completion.

Halfway
    Goals set, esteem gained,
    Testing limits, rewarding efforts,
    Journeys paused, thoughts collected.

Halfway
    Muscles fatigued, strength built,
    Pounds dropped, calories minded,
    Perseverance shown, aspirations felt.

Halfway
    A reflection point on our tribal journey,
    We’ve reached the center.
    Finish strong!
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    All bushman challenge exercises completed.
    Water goal met.
    Under calories for the day.
  • ahalla
    ahalla Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I love it!!
    I promised a poem for this challenge. Here it is. Take whatever stanza has meaning for you and apply it to the rest of your September.

Halfway
    Not empty, not full,
    Not beginning, not ending,
    Not entering, not exiting.

Halfway
    A state of limbo,
    A crossroads,
    A dare.

Halfway
    A testament to accomplishment,
    A pause for reflection,
    A challenge toward completion.

Halfway
    Goals set, esteem gained,
    Testing limits, rewarding efforts,
    Journeys paused, thoughts collected.

Halfway
    Muscles fatigued, strength built,
    Pounds dropped, calories minded,
    Perseverance shown, aspirations felt.

Halfway
    A reflection point on our tribal journey,
    We’ve reached the center.
    Finish strong!
  • ahalla
    Options
    Ok, day 2 and 3 done. Did an extra 5k today...family is sick and I am feeling yuck, but hopefully I will get over it fast and won't stop me from my challenges.
  • zukekitty
    Options
    I'm really sorry guys, but I'm going to have to back out of this month's challenge. I hate quitting something in the middle so it wasn't an easy decision to make. My body is not able to keep up with what my mind thinks it can do and other things are demanding more of my time right now. I need to slow things down. I'm not quitting the site and will still be updating my calories and workouts. I will still follow along to do what I can when I can and cheer the team on.

I'm going on vacation in October, but I will try to come back in November if I can get myself healed up and strong enough.

The good news is the scale was another pound lower this morning :) Thanks everyone for helping me make that happen. At this rate I might have to increase my goal another 5 lbs!

Good luck everyone and keep up the good work. I'll be watching you!
  • spurradic
    Options
    I'm really sorry guys, but I'm going to have to back out of this month's challenge. I hate quitting something in the middle so it wasn't an easy decision to make. My body is not able to keep up with what my mind thinks it can do and other things are demanding more of my time right now. I need to slow things down. I'm not quitting the site and will still be updating my calories and workouts. I will still follow along to do what I can when I can and cheer the team on.

I'm going on vacation in October, but I will try to come back in November if I can get myself healed up and strong enough.

The good news is the scale was another pound lower this morning :) Thanks everyone for helping me make that happen. At this rate I might have to increase my goal another 5 lbs!

Good luck everyone and keep up the good work. I'll be watching you!

:( bummer, but totally understandable! you have to listen to your body! (something i myself dont do as much as i should)...

hope you feel better and i look forward to seeing your continued progress! :)
  • spurradic
    Options
    i did the bushmen challenge for day 3 yesterday as well as a little treadmill time! woot woot! i was over water and under calories even with my self defenses crashing over pizza, lol :) i dd much better than i would have done before :)

hope everyone has a great day!
  • januarygal
    januarygal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Very busy week,
    I have been a pygmy again this week
    + 90-110 minutes of bike riding on 3 days.
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    Finished the bushman challenges for today. Did way to many push-ups yesterday and that combined with today's challenges left me with tired arms. Calorie and water goal met for today.

I hope everyone has a wonderful second half of September. We are on our way to completion of the tribal challenge.
  • spurradic
    Options
    finished the bushmen challenge yesterday allong with a little bit of treadmill time :) and despite having bunko last night i managed to come in under calories and over water :)

probably wont be doing any of the challenges today because i play wallyball after work on fridays, but will make it up tomorrow and sunday like usual :)
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    Hey gals, are we losing this group? I don't see a lot of comments on the exercises etc. I realize you all have busy lives, but I miss you. If I have to, I'll even write another poem (please don't make me resort to that)

I finished the bushman challenges for today. I was over on water and under on calories. I also did the Friday mini challenge. Not that it's important but it was a killer - doing lunges while curling a weight. The hardest part for me was keeping my balance when I returned to the upright position.I have already run the 5 miles twice this week. I walked it most other days; I am going to try to get in a run after work tomorrow. I work the early morning shift; so before work is not an option (unless I want to get up at 3).

Best of luck to all of you as we finish week 3.
  • januarygal
    januarygal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Still being a pygmy everyday and keeping up with all my biking. Next week I am going to split up my cardio days with my weight training. I also prefer to do heavier weights and fewer reps, so that is what I am going to do.
    My cardio days are a combo of slow walking with aging dogs and a 25 km bike ride home from work. I regularly walk 10 k's with my hubby on both days of the weekend
    I have done one weigh in this month and I will send my official loss at the end of the month.
    school is very busy right now and keeping up with all my friends on mfp happens even when I don't log on here.
    My favourite workouts are the upper body ones and I am starting to get some muscle definition back in my arms, yeah
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    Exercise, water, and calorie goals met for today. I had dinner with a wonderful family visiting (and cooking) from Poland.
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    checking in for week three:

Calorie goal met all 6 days
    Water goal met all 6 days
    Bushman exercises and tabata done all 6 days
    5 mile run done 2 times this week

Current weight: 119

Good luck and health to all of you as we enter the final weeks.
  • lovecola06
    lovecola06 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I am sorry that I have been MIA this week, but I was extremely ill until about Thursday & then I had to take it easy...

Met calorie, water goal all days Did an extra 5 miles Current weight: 138

It seems like everyone is getting sick lately. Let's hope we all have smooth recoveries :flowerforyou:

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday all.
  • ahalla
    Options
    Ok, just touching base since the week is gone:

Under calories all week
    Water met/over all week
    Pygmy and 4 min warm up all week
    Ran a 5k twice this week

Current Weight: 159.2
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    I now - no challenges yet. I searched the forums for the new challenges, but no success. Wappo Warriors is going back to week 2 (the tougher challenges) today, Wanna Weigh Wa is doing five of their own least fave exercises.. I'm going for a long run and redoing Monday's exercises [Day 1 - 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 50 Windshield Wipers, 50 Kick Squats (don’t pop those knee joints), 50 Globe jumps (each jump up counts as one), 50 Lunges (25 each leg)]

It seems we are not the only group getting sick. Lots of non-postings. I am calling it an epidemic of the THIN FLU.

Good luck
  • spurradic
    Options
    hey hey all :)
    i managed to be under calories and over water every day this week and got in all 6 days of the bushmen challenges. had to double up yesterday because i was a slacker saturday and didnt do them. i did get my 5 miles in saturday. they were slow and fun but done non the less :) and good news, i finally went down instead of remaining the same weight! ok, it was only half a pound, but a loss is a loss! :)

hope everyone had a great weekend! and hopefully we get this weeks challenges soon!