need to lose 100 lbs

bzymommy5boyz
bzymommy5boyz Posts: 81 Member
That sounds absolutely disgusting but it's where I have found myself. I am hoping to find others that are in the same boat that are willing to be cheer coaches and motivators. If this sounds like something that you'd be interested in please add me as a friend.

Replies

• 12LRodriguez
    12LRodriguez Posts: 1 Member
    I’m with you!! Need to lose 100lbs and need extra push!
  • Generic_Excuse
    Generic_Excuse Posts: 607 Member
    Ditto! I hate the fact that I have to say I need loose 100 lbs, definitely not a feel good BUT that will hopefully continue to fuel me into my goals!
  • Paulekare
    Paulekare Posts: 1 Member
    I often ask myself how in the world did I let this happen to me. Every year I gained more pounds. I’m totally disgusted with my weight, but I’m here doing the work to lose it.
  • ___Soundwave___
    ___Soundwave___ Posts: 1,190 Member
    Paulekare wrote: »
    I often ask myself how in the world did I let this happen to me. Every year I gained more pounds. I’m totally disgusted with my weight, but I’m here doing the work to lose it.

You can do it. Believe you can do it, because you can. Just don't give up, and if you have a setback just get right back to it. But also be kind to yourself and let go of that kind of shame or guilt thought. It's unhelpful. Be positive and feel good about being on a journey to transformation. It takes time, so you need to feel good about being on the path and be comfortable knowing that you're doing the right thing.
  • Melo_65
    Melo_65 Posts: 24 Member
    I too often wonder what on earth I was thinking when I let my body go to the point of nearly being too far gone. My top weight was 306. I’m today sitting at 232.4. So “by the charts” I have 100 to go. I’d be thrilled to lose 75 more. I’ll honestly be thrilled if I can EVER get below that 200 lb mark. You’re not alone, untrustworthy me on that. Might I also mentioned how disgusted I am at the excess flab you gain as you lose the weight!! Ugh. Why can’t my body be like spandex and spring back! 🤣. Spank, here I come! I don’t think I can afford the excess skin removal surgery.
  • Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 711 Member
    Its great that you have all made the commitment to get healthier! So don’t obsess about how much or little anyone has to lose and just focus on starting to do the basic things you set out to do for yourselves (unless of course focusing on the numbers somehow keeps you motivated, but it might seem overly daunting). I did not set a specific weight loss goal when I started about a year ago, but I knew I had gained weight from being on a multitude of medicines where that was a side effect, having been injured and on bed rest for a lengthy period, and generally not taking good care of myself before that. I lost 40 pounds before getting on mfp a couple of months ago to make sure that I don’t lose focus at the end of my weight loss, and I have thus far lost 8 lbs more and will likely soon move to maintenance. If I had realized that I “needed” to lose 50 lbs when I started then I may never have done it, so you are so far ahead of me mentally and determination wise already!

I just wanted to hop on to say that feel so much different and better than a year ago. But I started feeling better bit by bit all along the way, even just emotionally reminding myself what a positive thing I was doing for myself, and why. When and if you get discouraged think about the big whys. Not looking good in jeans (though I am vain too so am happy I do now look good in jeans, but more importantly my jeans dont give me wedgies anymore!). Think about the things that really matter. Whether its being there for your kids, or elderly parents, or being able to have kids, or being able to walk and bend pain free.
    Sending you all strength and good wishes!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 4,320 Member
    Hey @bzymommy5boyz @12LRodriguez @Generic_Excuse @Paulekare @melodyh1105 and anyone else in the same boat, please consider joining our group Larger Losers

Anyone who has completed their journey is also welcome to join.

The group recognises that people with 75+ pounds to lose face different challenges from folks who have never experienced morbid obesity. Our members know it'll be months or years before we reach our goal weight. We've had years/decades of living with obesity, and we know we need to unlearn a lot of the behaviours that got us to our current weight. We're all works-in-progress, with stories to tell and wisdom to share.

Our group has members who are maintaining 100+ pound losses. It has members who are just at the start of what will be a lengthy and challenging journey. It has members who have been on the roller coaster more times than they care to think about, and who are just hanging in there trying their best to string together one good choice after another.

Between us we have a wealth of experience, of both the highs and the lows of weight management. We're a bit crazy at times, but if you join us we promise to provide you with unstinting, non-judgmental support during good times and bad. We'll cheer you on, congratulate you on your successes, commiserate when things don't go to plan, and ask that you return the favour.

It would be great to have you join us! Here's the link to our group

If you click on the blue 'OPTIONS' button on the right hand side, it will allow you to join the group.