Office pranks - GET IN HERE PRANKSTERS!

Options

Replies

• VelvetKey
    VelvetKey Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'm a fan of ThinkGeek's Annoy-a-tron and Evil-tron. I had a blast with the boss at my old job because I could pretend not to hear it...but after half an hour I was finding it hard to keep a straight face every time she flipped out.

I've had the Post-it thing done to me--I kept the notes for use later. :)

Hmm...and I'm also fond of Vaseline on the undersides of things that need to be grabbed, like desk drawer handles or keyboard trays that slide out from under desks.
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    Personally, I'm a fan of ThinkGeek's Annoy-a-tron and Evil-tron. I had a blast with the boss at my old job because I could pretend not to hear it...but after half an hour I was finding it hard to keep a straight face every time she flipped out.

I've had the Post-it thing done to me--I kept the notes for use later. :)

Hmm...and I'm also fond of Vaseline on the undersides of things that need to be grabbed, like desk drawer handles or keyboard trays that slide out from under desks.

haha good ones and added! We got a small thing that makes a cricket sound every few minutes, we have stuck this under the chairs so I can only imagine how they will freak out when they keep hearing a cricket.
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Xmas isn't too far off. Get the entire desk, everything on it and the chair wrapped in Xmas paper.

Flipping the screen is always fun.

Also, try keyboard shortcut shift, alt and print screen... Just try it and tell me that aint a fun prank! ;)

Same shortcut to change it back...

Jay
  • jayb0ne
    Options
    Oh! Another one a friend of mine in our IT dept kept running for weeks at a time once was convincing people that there was a profanity filter on the work phones which was malfunctioning. In reality, he'd set himself a quick shortcut on the phone system so every time he heard the person swear, he put them straight through to the manager's voicemail...

Get's funnier each time you do it but takes a bit of work to remember to keep doing it...
  • jayb0ne
    Options
    Superglue the phone handset to the receiver. Watch them put the whole phone to their ear the first time it rings! :laugh:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Did this one to a co-worker:

Save up a bunch of holes from your hole puncher. Open up an office workers desk fan (you'll probably also need to line the bottom of the fan with a sheet of paper to keep them from falling out) and fill the bottom with all the holes. Put it back together and make sure no mess is visible.

Co-worker comes in, turns on fan, little dots fly everywhere. Good fun.
  • Dandersonjr32
    Options
    A couple of classics that work out great, depending on your commitment:

If there's a private office you want to prank, cover the doorway (if possible) with clear plastic insulation sheets. You can smooth them down so they aren't even noticed. A person walking headlong into that will bounce back out.

I work in law enforcement, so our pranks are a little rough. We do things like put a little pepper spray on the underside of door handles so that when the prankee touches their face 10 minutes later they get to feel the burn.

Another good one is to mix clear gelatin and pour it into the toilet just before you leave work. By the time you get back the next day, the gelatin will harden but will look like water.

A rubber glove, inflated, and taped to the bottom of the desk drawer will create a very rude touching when the person pulls the drawer open.

Clear tape over the mouthpiece of any phone is always fun. They can hear, but they can't talk.
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    Superglue the phone handset to the receiver. Watch them put the whole phone to their ear the first time it rings! :laugh:

Added all your suggestion, very good ones!
    Did this one to a co-worker:

Save up a bunch of holes from your hole puncher. Open up an office workers desk fan (you'll probably also need to line the bottom of the fan with a sheet of paper to keep them from falling out) and fill the bottom with all the holes. Put it back together and make sure no mess is visible.

Co-worker comes in, turns on fan, little dots fly everywhere. Good fun.

Looking for a fan then we will surely try this one out.
    A couple of classics that work out great, depending on your commitment:

If there's a private office you want to prank, cover the doorway (if possible) with clear plastic insulation sheets. You can smooth them down so they aren't even noticed. A person walking headlong into that will bounce back out.

I work in law enforcement, so our pranks are a little rough. We do things like put a little pepper spray on the underside of door handles so that when the prankee touches their face 10 minutes later they get to feel the burn.

Another good one is to mix clear gelatin and pour it into the toilet just before you leave work. By the time you get back the next day, the gelatin will harden but will look like water.

A rubber glove, inflated, and taped to the bottom of the desk drawer will create a very rude touching when the person pulls the drawer open.

Clear tape over the mouthpiece of any phone is always fun. They can hear, but they can't talk.

You sir are a LEGEND!!! Definitely going to do the toilet and pepper spray,
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Get a screen shot of "The blue screen of Death" and make it their background.

Simple but effective
  • maria1113
    maria1113 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Haha, that first picture is from Finnish office :D

My boss tried to pull a prank on me last April fools day by taping the bottom of my mouse (no ball in this mouse). It didn't work cause the tape was too see through :laugh: She also changed the keys on my colleagues keyboard :laugh:

I like the blue screen one too ;)
  • jayb0ne
    Options
    Leave the keys where they are and change the keyboard layout to French layout or something where the keys are in the wrong places!
  • sweetmelissa222
    sweetmelissa222 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    We used to prank a lot in my old office. We actually used a few of the ones you mentioned at the beginning of the thread. One of my favorites was we turned someones office into a winter wonderland one summer when they were out of town for a week. We wrapped everything in the office with newspaper and I do mean everything (think post it prank). We paper clipped an office. A few of us spent months making paper clip chains and then hung them from the ceiling while a coworker was out of town. It was so thick that you couldn't see from one side of the office to the other.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    if the person has a desk phone, put a little clear tape over the ear piece holes so they dont get clogged. Then slather the ear piece in vaseline or ky jelly. Then go to your desk and call them and listen/watch their response as they answer their phone. Nothing feels worse than an ear full of ky/vaseline.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    adjust the brightness or contrast on someones's monitor. Its simple but annoying. Also, go into control panel/mouse and switch their right and left mouse button clicks.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Change the default sounds on the computer... sex noises, farts or barnyard animals work well.
    Change the cursor to the "bird" gesture.
    Hijack the home page.
    Adjust the chair to hit rock bottom when they sit in it.
    If they have a desk lamp put a flasher disk in it (goes between bulb and socket and found at joke shops)
    Replace all the good pens with empty ones.
    "chain" all the paper clips together.
    Disable the keyboard or mouse (NOT BOTH) in device manager.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to say that I'm thankful I don't work with any of you pranksters.

Last year for April 1, I switch just a few of the keys on the keyboards, but then turned upside down all the papers / doc that people had up on the walls, lowered all the chairs and moved all the mice from the right to the lefthanded side.
  • ahalla
    ahalla Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Depending on how close you are to the person you can contact their significant other for older pics of them. I contacted a co-workers husband and got several pictures of her in high school...made over a hundred copies and put them all over the building (bathrooms, breakrooms, training rooms, entry doors (all 5 of them), etc. She literally spent all day taking the pictures down. In addition, we also unscrewed 2 of the rollers on her chair so when she went to sit down the chair it tipped over and she fell on the floor!! We also put honey on the desk surface, not a lot but a nice even yet thin layer so she would have to use the desk cleaner...sad thing is we replaced the spray with vinegar. She sprayed several sprays before the smell hit her and by that time her desk smelled SO BAD!! It was a blast and we are still friends and co-workers.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    The Admin and IT team joined up to convince all of the temp/contractors in our office that our security cams record voices, they all go outside to have any sort of personal conversation.

OH, and we swapped out all the English keyboards for Arabic ones. That was fun times, and it was surprising how many people had major issues typing without being able to look at the letters.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I hid six open cans of tuna around an ex-coworker's office before I left for the day on a Friday. By Monday morning her office was smelling fresh!

She was not a very nice person.
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    We lifted the lid and seat to the toilet and put Saran Wrap tightly on the bowl, then set everything back in place. It was fun to hear the screaming coming from the bathroom. She wasn't a very fun person, so we thought it was time to help her loosen up a bit.

Two weeks later, in our continued effort to assist this employee with her sense of humor, we put a thin coat of Vaseline on the toilet seat. I bet she still has a nervous twitch when she has to tinkle :wink:

I changed the default sound on my mother's computer. I recorded my grandmother (in her 80's at the time) saying "Oh crap!". It was great! She was loud and sounded like a drunk hillbilly! It scared my mom so bad because I cranked the volume on the speakers. It was so funny but I got into trouble.... (yes, I still get into trouble as an adult :laugh:)

My ex took some peanut butter and put a glob of it just under his coworker's windshield wiper (out of view). Then he took a little bit of mud and smeared it in the drivers line of vision on the windshield. So his friend jumped into his truck and was about to drive off, but saw the dirty smug... so he did the logical thing.... turned on the sprayer and wipers. Peanut butter smeared all over but it looked like something other than p.b. Hahaha....