A week in and looking for similar...

Options
HI,

I'm looking for people who I can be accountable to (apart from myself) as I find it quite difficult to stick with a healthy way of life on my own. I have a great social network of friends but we have spent a lot of time getting together to eat and drink (sometimes to excess) and now it seems I'm the only single one amongst us and need to break the habit...

I'm Lynda btw
-x-x-x-

Replies

• RagtimeLady
    RagtimeLady Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Well, I enjoy wine with dinner and often a nightcap before bed, and of course the gal-pal outings ... my answer to that is to work my butt off! Take a look at my diaries. I average an hour a day or more of cardio. Then I can eat or drink whatever I want, within reason...
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    Nice to meet you Linda! ;)

You can feel free to add me for encouragement and accountability!

I personally found than an open diary make me feel more accountable as well - just a thought...
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I agree totally. How about finding some pals you can be accountable to with exercise? I found that I didn't skip my walk or my time at the gym if someone else was counting on me. Still time for conversation but no food or beverages ( beyond your bottle of water) involved. And having someone to talk to really makes the time go faster. Good luck!
  • AH2013
    AH2013 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda

Feel free to add me...I need a good butt kicking sometimes too. Like the person who posted last said, an open diary is tough to agree to but i've done it and there's no hiding now. It's easy to still enjoy a night out. I tend now to stay away from the cocktails and go for vodka and diet lemonade....then I can have a few! You'll get there! Good luck!!
  • bandlfox
    Options
    I can be a good accountablity partner, send me the best way to reach you....I like email personally.

Lisa:flowerforyou: