Down 35+ kg's in 7 months

2»

Replies

• Rodney_Mckay
    Rodney_Mckay Posts: 32 Member
    Holy *kitten*.
  • Rodney_Mckay
    Rodney_Mckay Posts: 32 Member
    May I ask what were your daily calorie / macro goals? Thanks a lot, you are an inspiration to follow!
  • earlrig
    earlrig Posts: 1 Member
    You look like a different person. Even the beard looks better. Congratulations, brother.
  • eirrus
    eirrus Posts: 11 Member
    What rate 9f loss did you choose? 2lbs a week or less?

0.5 kg per week. My progression has been faster, around 1,2 kg per week. I do not know why, as I have followed MFP faithfully the entire time. I end up at 0 every day. I have logged calories as faithful as I can, as well as calories burned from walking/exercising. I do not know why it has gone as fast as it has. Obviously, I am happy with it, but it would be nice to know more. I also do not understand why the rate has varied. The first 2 months, I lost 14 kilos. Then it slowed down, in November and December I only lost 2 kilos. In January I was back to 7 kilos, then 3-4 kilos every month after that.
  • eirrus
    eirrus Posts: 11 Member
    May I ask what were your daily calorie / macro goals? Thanks a lot, you are an inspiration to follow!

I haven't had any macro goals up until now. Only calories. But, yeah, I finally reached my target weight (85,6 kg, approximately 187 lb) yesterday. So now I have to rethink what I am doing. Want to get stronger, so I have bought kettlebells and plan to exercise with them 2-3 times a week. I will continue with walking/jogging as well, but not to the same degree as before. As for macro goals, got a tip from my cousin that I should shoot for 40/30/30 (carbs/fat/protein). My diet has been more like 60/25/15, so I have to make some significant changes. Eggs for breakfast, chicken breast, less oatmeal etc.
  • Maggiemags74
    Maggiemags74 Posts: 1 Member
    Inspiring. Keep it up.
  • WestCoastJanice
    WestCoastJanice Posts: 16 Member
    Congrats - you made great strides and perhaps part of the lesson/challenge is once at maintenance to keep an eye on things and if they start to move in an undesired direction to assess early on to make small changes.
  • broadwey21
    broadwey21 Posts: 39 Member
    edited April 2022
    That's an amazing result, you look so different, it gives me hope that it won't take forever for me to lose the weight, is your diary public I'd love to see what your intake has been? And I love the update that you got complacent, that honesty is where it's at.... Well done for getting where you want to be
  • broadwey21
    broadwey21 Posts: 39 Member
    [quote
    Maybe not a success story per se, at least not in the traditional sense. But I want to be honest. Loosing the weight is just the start, after that you have to learn how to maintain a healthy diet and lifestyle.[/quote]

It's totally a success story!!

• IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Awesome job!
  • kevparis
    kevparis Posts: 1 Member
    Congratulations! Reading your story is inspiring. That's the fear, that once you lose weight it will creep back. Good for you for catching it and hitting the reset button.
  • AmyDahlTorres
    AmyDahlTorres Posts: 91 Member
    I love that you came back to update your story. I lost some weight a couple of years ago, and then let it creep back on. Your story is an inspiration!
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Awesome Work and Inspiring, Congrats.
  • KarmaKamen
    KarmaKamen Posts: 42 Member
    Omg this is amazing!
  • KensingtonReviewer
    KensingtonReviewer Posts: 1 Member
    Congrats on your weight loss.. it’s inspiring to me as I mirror a lot of your complaints and worries. It’s nice to see it can be done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!