Miss_Chiev0us_ Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    We've been playing this one regularly and also Pictionary Air

jdl3g702njmu.jpg
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Stratego - Lightning version.

My darling introduced me to this game - claiming to be quite the expert player. Thing is, 1) the game had been in storage for quite a while, and 2) I have VERY good eyesight. So what he thought was my intense study of the battlefield was in truth, me studying and memorizing the dust mote patterns that easily identified his pieces.

To this day, he is amazed at my uncanny and intuitive gamesmanship. Needless to say, we don't play that game much anymore. But even without use of my magic super-powers, I still like the game.

Pro hint: Wash those game pieces!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Cards Against Humanity (we have the full adult version as well as a family version)
    Cover Your Assets
  • chuckle_bunny
    chuckle_bunny Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been playing Scrabble: Canadian Edition with the maintenance guy from my building. Usually ends in threats and hostilities.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    Scrabble, Monopoly, Yahtzee, Apples to Apples, Cards Against Humanity, Uno and Parcheesi.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    • Uno
    • Phase Ten
    • Monopoly (especially if themed)
    • Fluxx (better if themed decks)
    • Munchkin
    • Scrabble
    • Fill Or Bust
    • Kitty Paw
    • Yahtzee
    • Trivial Pursuit
    • Risk
    • 13 Dead End Drive
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    We play...
    Scrabble
    Yahtzee
    Chinese Checkers
    Scattergories
    Uno

Do jigsaw puzzles count? We do those, too.

I like but only play on my phone...
    Hearts
    Pitch
    Canasta
    Backgammon
    Cribbage
    Chess

I miss playing...
    Risk
    Monopoly
    Shanghai
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been playing Scrabble: Canadian Edition with the maintenance guy from my building. Usually ends in threats and hostilities.

Haha, dh and I were playing that every afternoon when he'd get home from work until one day he had a hissy fit, called it a stupid game and stormed away and we haven't played it since. He didn't like the losing part of it. :/ It was the same with Cribbage before that. Even though he wins games too.
    Now we're playing a dominos game called Mexican Train.
    But when our 3 kids come back home, we usually play Carcassonne or Cards Against Humanity or Pandemic.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    This is so weird to me because we didn't play board games as a family when I was growing up. I played a bit with friends every once in a while but that was about it.

Family board game time was just something they showed on feel good family shows where everything is a myth. :)
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    My favorites are :

Taboo
    Scattegories
    Beyond Balderdash
    Parcheesi
    Boggle
    Trouble
    Sorry

If my fourteen-year-old daughter is picking, it's Clue all night long.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Card games
    Skyjo
    Five Crowns

Board Games
    Rummikub
    Sequence

Dice
    Quixx
  • AKramer1983
    AKramer1983 Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Among all the board games - I will choose puzzles or some puzzles. I've always liked games of wit and logic. Where to win, you need to think carefully. As a child, whenever my parents bought crosswords, my brothers and I tried to guess them, and in most cases, we succeeded. Then my parents bought us a computer, and we started playing puzzles online. And we completely forgot about board games. With the advent of the computer in our house, we found all the games there and gradually began to forget about the good old crossovers in the newspapers. But now, I would love to remember those times.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Cover Your Assets and Antiquity Quest (both Grandpa Beck's). Grandpa Beck's games in general are pretty fun, but those are my favorite two. Yahtzee when we're camping. My wife and I have a Sherlock Holmes detective game, very cool game, but it's very involved and can take hours to solve a case so we only play if the boys are at Grandma's or something...we also hold back on playing too much because there are only a set number of cases and once you've solved them you are done...I suppose you could replay, but you would already know everything.

71kno4TmgUL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
  • AnabellaAveline21
    AnabellaAveline21 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Battleship, Monopoly, Uno, Jenga, spider solitaire with 2 packs of playing cards 😂. Go fish (again with playing cards) Checkers and I can't think of anything more right now that I enjoy playing 😅
  • Punksprincess83
    Punksprincess83 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I love Marvel Legendary. It’s one of my favorites to play. And I love Horrorfied and American Horrofied. And Night of the Living Dead Zombified. And not to mention the many different Monopoly board games I have.
  • purewednesday
    purewednesday Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Definitely try Tsuro, Azul, Catan as well as some cute games like Zombie dice or Onitama
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I love Tsuro. I waited to buy it through amazon couple years ago, thought it might decrease in price. Now it's double what it was then. :/
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,191 Member
    Options
    Our favourite right now is Pantone. It's a quick game and kinda neat. I like Ticket to Ride cause I'm good at it
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    We love board games in this house. My favorite is any tabletop role playing fantasy games, like D&D or Pathfinder
  • tenacious_turtle
    tenacious_turtle Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Fun thread! I’m always looking for good games.

I’m playing Qwirkle a lot right now. It’s one of the few good games I’ve found to play with just two people.

If I’ve got more folks to play we love Settlers Of Catan :)