Only One Pound (Inspirational Quote)

Options
"Hello, do you know me? If you don't, you should. I'm a pound of fat, And I'm the HAPPIEST pound of fat that you would ever want to meet. Want to know why? It's because no one ever wants to lose me; I'm ONLY ONE POUND, just a pound! Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds, or fifteen pounds, but never only one. So I just stick around and happily keep you fat. Then I add to myself, ever so slyly, so that you never seem to notice it. That is, until I've grown to ten, twenty, thirty or even more pounds in weight. Yes, it's fun being ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT, left to do as I please. So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying, "Oh, I only lost one pound." For you see, if you do this, you'll encourage others to keep me around because they'll think I'm not worth losing. And, I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you. Happy Days!!! After all, I'm ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT!!!" --- Author Unknown

So, tell me my friends -- Will you still be disappointed when that scale reads ONLY ONE POUND lost???

Replies

• caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sylouette98
    sylouette98 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Great post!!!! I'm happy with ANY fat loss...it doesn't have to be a pound, it can be 1/2 a pound, still a win in my book!!
  • navywifeandmomof4
    navywifeandmomof4 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    good one thanks for sharing
  • mixmastermolly
    Options
    Thank you for this! It's so easy to feel overwhelmed by the big number! Sometimes it's easier to feel accomplished if we set that small goal...I'm going to lose one pound this week!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    love it
  • mol1021
    mol1021 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    cool quote!!!!!! i'm happpy with any loss too..........ounces to lbs.....bring it down =)
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Great quote. I am always happy to lose just one pound.
  • Kelly50054
    Options
    Yes! I have lost as little as .2 oz, but it's 2oz that wasn't gone before!! I will take all lose no matter how large or small!!
  • luvgreen25
    Options
    I love this - it made me laugh though because when I weighed in yesterday, a woman in front of me was disappointed in a 2 lb. loss. TWO POUNDS!!!! Then I weigh in and I did a happy dance because I lost 0.6 lbs! She tried to tell me that "small loss" wasn't worthy of being that excited about. To which I responded - as long as it is down, it's worthy of being excited about!
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Thanks for putting a smile on my face in the early morning.
  • susanb_16
    susanb_16 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Awesome