Breakfast options

Options
gecho
gecho Posts: 426 Member
I'm trying different things for breakfast. My options are kinda limited 'cause i have to be able to take it to work. My meals of choice right now are oatmeal, dry cereals and now grits. I'm a good ole texas girl but i like them northern & southern style. (one is with salt/pepper the other is with sugar i forget which is which)

any other ideas?:happy:

Replies

• ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I eat an apple with peanut butter everyday at work.

Do you have access to microwave, fridge, toaster, etc?
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Try some protein. I make an egg white omelet with some veggies and put it on a low cal bagle thin.
  • conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    sour dough pretzel nibblers and hummus
    cottage cheese and peaches or any fruit
    baked apples yum!!!
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    That is all carbs. How about hard boiled eggs.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I make an egg sandwich and send it to work with my husband often, also I send granola bars or maybe a bagel with cream cheese.
  • abeachlady
    Options
    yogurt
  • Jenneymarie
    Options
    Yogurt with 1/3 cup All Bran buds mixed in. Yummy & filling.
  • Lmaxwell
    Lmaxwell Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I beat some eggs, salt & pepper together and bake them in a muffin pan. When they're done, I let them cool and I place them in a ziploc bag. Every morning my kids grab one, microwave it & create their own egg sandwich.
  • stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    i always make my breakfast meals the night before since i eat my breakfast at work too. i usually whip up a spinach omlete, or i'll make an easy juevos ranchero's and maybe take a piece of whole wheat bread or a corn tortilla....or turkey sausage and a poached egg... usually i always eat eggs since it keeps me fuller longer. but also the chobani yogurts i have been loving, 14g of protein PER little container! and they keep you sooo full. so if you want to make a parfait out of that with some fruit and sprinkles of granola that'd be delicious!!
  • EmmaJean7
    EmmaJean7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hello from Waco (TX hah) :) I have the SAME prob work early morning, gotta get it quick. Its important to remember If you can put a larger amount of calories into a meal, breakfast is the one so your body burns it off during the day. For me personally, I LOVE a good bagel in the morning low fat cream cheese with maybe a boiled egg or some fruit VERY filling. Also you can look online and there are some awesome breakfast burritos you can make that are full of great protien to start the day off right :)