Keto and working away from home

Options
Over a year ago I started keto and it helped with my weight loss. I got down to a weight I was happy with and moved to maintenance.

All was working great until I got a new job. This job means I’m touring the country (and possibly going international as well). I very rarely have access to a proper kitchen or proper refrigerator space to be able to store fresh ingredients and tubs of meal prep. I also can’t carry loads of tubs around with me.

My weight has been creeping back up due to just having to grab meal deals from the store and of course I’m in the UK so all the meal deals are carbs with extra carbs.

Is anyone else in the same situation and has any tips on what I can do? Usually I just end up buying a side salad and a ready to eat chicken breast and that’s usually what I have all the time.
Tagged:

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    You don't have to do keto to lose or maintain weight. Keto works the same way as any other diet. I would personally find keto cumbersome in general and very difficult if my job required extensive travel. Without a proper kitchen, options would be pretty limited.
  • rockitwell86
    rockitwell86 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming you're staying in hotels? Do you get to go home on weekends?

If so, could you meal prep breakfasts & dinners to heat up in a hotel room? Then you would only have to focus on lunch out. Maybe switch to low carb instead of keto to allow yourself some wiggle room with eating on the go?