Intermittent fasting and working out

If you are IF, when do you work out and eat? Do you not work out on the days you are fasting 24 hours? Thanks

Replies

• Taleciab94
    Taleciab94 Posts: 9 Member
    This is a plan that I have been thinking about for a while as well. I want to try the 5:2 Fasting schedule, fast for two days a week for about 23 hours and eat dinner only for about 500 Calories on those 2 days.

The other five days I would eat about 2000 Calories as if I was already at my goal weight. I have been walking about 10,000 Steps a day and I was wondering if I should skip the two days or not.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    I do the same workout schedule on fasting days as eating days. However, I prefer to do fasts on sprinting/HIIT days instead of weightlifting days.
  • gpanda103
    gpanda103 Posts: 189 Member
    Some people like doing fasted workouts, others do not. The best way to find out is to experiment with different eating windows and meal sizes throughout the day. I would really only recommend doing long fasts if you have worked your way up to it, and if you know you can stay occupied. Doing anything physical while fasted can definitely be a challenge
  • age_is_just_a_number
    age_is_just_a_number Posts: 630 Member
    I workout first thing in the morning fasted. I’ve tried eating a small snack or breakfast before exercising and it upsets my stomach. So, that doesn’t work for me.
    I eat breakfast around 9:30 or 10. I’ve been slowly moving my breakfast later and later. I’ve been moving my breakfast later over the past 4-5 months.