What is the most valuable thing you own? (houses and cars don’t count)

gpanda103
gpanda103 Posts: 189 Member
edited April 2022 in Chit-Chat
I have a pretty expensive guitar, and a few vinyls that are very sought after. What about you?

Replies

• Mellouk89
    Mellouk89 Posts: 469 Member
    My gaming laptop, bought it in 2018 and it still works like day 1.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited April 2022
    My health? <3

I don't own expensive things, except my 2014 Toyota, my laptop. :)

DH and I do have a huge collection of Vinyl from back in the day but have no clue if any of them are valuable or not.
  • fatty2begone
    fatty2begone Posts: 249 Member
    Dont think I can actually say I own... But my family is my most valuable thing in my life.
    I prefer the simple life ;)
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,132 Member
    My Nana's Olympic jacket, certificate and her scrapbook from her running career. Probably not worth much money but it's priceless

My grandfather's old sheep music, I never knew him since he died when my mom was little so it's priceless too, he had been a bandleader what a cool guy

Monetary wise I guess our ridiculous tv we bought in a charity auction?
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    My Nana's Olympic jacket, certificate and her scrapbook from her running career. Probably not worth much money but it's priceless

My grandfather's old sheep music, I never knew him since he died when my mom was little so it's priceless too, he had been a bandleader what a cool guy

This reminded me of a cedar chest filled with things left from my parents. Dad served in WWll so there are countless letters between my dad and mom, and other relatives, that they saved, along with photos, postcards, Navy uniforms, the hat my dad used to wear every day, and all kinds of memorabilia. Definitely priceless to us.

And of course, my family. :)
  • TakeTheLongWayHome
    TakeTheLongWayHome Posts: 815 Member
    My father in law gave me a reel to reel music player 10 years ago that I put in a box and forgot about. I recently got the thing working again and it made him so happy. Come to find out it was his best friends growing up and he had given it to him before he died in a motorcycle accident. Has some good music with it too. Probably not worth anything monetarily, but it made me smile making his day.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,132 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

This reminded me of a cedar chest filled with things left from my parents. Dad served in WWll so there are countless letters between my dad and mom, and other relatives, that they saved, along with photos, postcards, Navy uniforms, the hat my dad used to wear every day, and all kinds of memorabilia. Definitely priceless to us.

And of course, my family. :)

Right....value doesn't have to mean monetary value

I found all these old slides and movies I have from my dad, I've a watch he gave me the day before he died cause I was to get it repaired, he had hallucinated it had some issues, so another thing there's priceless and a few skating dresses my mom made. My favourite was this cream velvet, I felt like a combination of Miss America and a princess

I also have two medals from skating I treasure. They were from a tough year and we fought really hard for one of them so they're my most prized medals.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Monetary...outside of home and car, I guess my RV travel trailer.

Non-monetary would be the hours and hours of film reel handed down to my dad from my grandfather and then to me when my dad passed. Nobody really knew what was on those reals as they cover primarily the 40s and 50s. I had it converted to digital and it's a treasure. Lots of footage of my grandfather in the 40s and my dad and my aunts in the 50s as children.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited April 2022
    In terms of what I paid for it...
    Probably either my wife's engagement ring or one of my mountain bikes.

In terms of what I could sell it for tomorrow...
    Probably a wristwatch.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    Most valuable TO ME in non-monetary terms, my dogs.

Most valuable in monetary terms are probably things I've inherited. Three generations of jewellery. My grandfather's coin collection.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,264 Member
    Re my heart: I have 78rpm vinyls of my dad playing with his college band and a vinyl of my mother singing an Operetta when she was in her 20s.

Re my bank acct: The diamond solitaire my ex husband bought me for our 25 anniversary.
    Figures it would be a wedding ring and now we’re divorced.
    🤦🏼‍♀️
  • SomeMFPuser
    SomeMFPuser Posts: 53 Member
    edited April 2022
    Musical instruments.. By far.

Priceless stuff are family movies and pictures. Those are not worth anything to anyone other than my immediate family.
  • magnum26
    magnum26 Posts: 356 Member
    I have a gaming PC and Racing Rig worth around 8-9k, other than that probably my Oled 65" tv.
  • Punksprincess83
    Punksprincess83 Posts: 218 Member
    The most expensive thing I currently own is my X box series X. I paid about $600 for it.
  • jruch23
    jruch23 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited May 2022
    My mountain bike and road bike. Also one of my violins.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    Dis -

00021130333226-uO9Aai8WqeVRAomr-en-US-0_s500.jpg

• honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,264 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Dis -

So……..that’s where you keep that emergency million. ☺️
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,697 Member
    For everyone posting, what is your exact address and code to your security system? I ask for absolutely no reason whatever, just curious... o:)>:)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Dis -

So……..that’s where you keep that emergency million. ☺️

@honey_honey_12

Ya' know.... a million dollars here, and a million dollars there... pretty soon it adds up to a little bit of money.
  • nsk1951
    nsk1951 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Nothing I own is expensive, at least not anymore ... cause it's been around long enough so that the big bucks I paid for it when new don't count anymore. ... But, hey ... my most recent purchase was a $10.00 old wood desk chair on wheels ... It's old enough to warrant a much higher price if it were being sold in an antique shop.