Boys/roomates and NASTY!!!(Rant)

Options
Can I ask why guys are so messy? Well some of them, I can say my room is not clean and yes sometimes I forget to flush(RARE) I also leave messes lol. I'm human :) Let me say this, my boyfriend has 3 room-mates the layout of the apartment is 2 rooms and a bathroom on each side with the kitchen and living room in the middle. My when either my boyfriend or his room-mate take a shower, they leave the floor soaked. I always slip and fall or get my socks all wet, sometimes the toilet seat is soaked too. Most of the time I look before I sit but when I don't that catches me off guard. The kitchen is gross, nasty dishes and pans left on the stove. The dishes in the sink start to stink so bad that they make me want to hurl, not to mention the room-mate next to my boyfriend walked right into the bathroom and used my boyfriends listerine and his tooth paste without asking, he also leaves his spat out tooth paste in the sink to the point of it getting layers... Not to mention he does not flush the toilet.... It stresses me out staying there so I may not go back for a while, I know I am ranting and complaining! Thanks for listening, I have talked with my boyfriend about this and it does not seem to be getting any better. I mean he cant force people to do anything but it is rather gross...

Replies

• msheldon88
    msheldon88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    All I can say is I agree!!!!!
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    i live with a boy and two other girls, agreed men are slobs. guess its time to start staying over at your place instead of his.
  • roebuck1908
    Options
    Beware the detritus from them being entertained by madam Palm and her five nibble daughters. Boys can be so untidy
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Boyfriend or mess?

choose wisely.
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Have them all pitch in to hire someone to come clean.....maybe money out of their pocket for that may help them clean up themselves. Just a suggestion
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    It's not just guys unfortunately, I live in FILTH and the dirtiest of my roommates are female, I have 3 girls aside from myself, and 1 guy, and 2 of the girls are so filthy that I wonder how they don't get sick. It DISGUSTS me to live the way we do, but unfortunately I can't afford to live on my own
  • emilydmac
    emilydmac Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I completely understand- I lived in this same situation last year until my boyfriend and I got out own place. It was bad to the point where I couldn't walk around without shoes, there were 2 german shepherds, 15 snakes and an alligator living in the house plus me and two boys. Can you say animal house!
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Males and females can both be messy, let's not turn this into a men vs women thing.
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Ew, that's gross. Make him come to your place.
  • jbeauchamp1
    jbeauchamp1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    YUCK! There is no way I would stay over there. I cannot stand a filthy home and I will not eat, sit or take my shoes off in a home that is not clean. Oh and don't get me started on the wet socks or wet toilet I would rip someones head off. :laugh: Stepping in water in socks really is a pet peeve...don't know why but it irritates me. Do yourself a favor and stay at your own place.
  • NashvilleShelley
    Options
    I have three sons...15, 12 and 5...they are just born that way!!!! And I have to agree about the shower water thing...what do they do, shake off like a dog??? LOL!!! And...if you can't see yourself in the mirror, wouldn't you clean it??? How do they get it that dirty? ugh!!!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Well, you are the female, so get to cleaning!!

Seriously, slobs come in both genders, and please remember to ALWAYS flush and wash your hands after using the bathroom.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Males and females can both be messy, let's not turn this into a men vs women thing.

This. Your boyfriend lives with lazy guys, that's all.
  • MarynEve
    MarynEve Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Sadly, its girls too. I shared a dorm room with three girls last year- really, one big room with four girls living in it. That place was dreadful. Dirty clothes, dirty dishes, mud and dirt tracked onto the floor- SO gross. Pretty sure I was the only one to ever try to clean up.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I never go into anyone's bathroom without shoes on.
  • Moofey
    Moofey Posts: 444
    Options
    This is not a man vs. woman thing, like I said. I am messy too, we all are human but when the mess annoys me... You know it is bad...
  • Moofey
    Options
    Well then they can live in their mess and my boyfriend can deal with me not coming over. I have delt with it for months and it got worse and worse with the more guys that moved in, I told him they can pay me to clean up the mess HAHA. I was kidding though.
  • BiGBeNcHiNnbrah
    Options
    take pics of the mess so we can see what its like
  • Moofey
    Options
    Well I won't go to those lengths, that is a bit personal lol.
  • shannon877
    shannon877 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I used to enjoy throwing the dirty dishes out in the trash. For some reason, this is oddly satisfying.