Facebook Groups

Options
LilithReigns
LilithReigns Posts: 216 Member
I personally am not a fan of the thread format on this app used to talk with others. Are there any fitnesspal facebook groups out there?

Replies

• Coupongrl79
    Coupongrl79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    There is one that used to be called Fat Athletes which is now called All Bodies Belong. It focuses on fitness without the need for weight loss. It is not uncommon to see photos of women with larger bodies out running in their sports bras. Lots of body positivity posts. Focus on intuitive eating. Anti diet sentiment.
  • LilithReigns
    Options
    There is one that used to be called Fat Athletes which is now called All Bodies Belong. It focuses on fitness without the need for weight loss. It is not uncommon to see photos of women with larger bodies out running in their sports bras. Lots of body positivity posts. Focus on intuitive eating. Anti diet sentiment.

I am not sure that is what I am looking for, I understand the movement and respect it at its base for what it is but due to health risk my choice is weight loss focused.
  • Coupongrl79
    Coupongrl79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Makes sense. I just posted because I have found the group to be so helpful. I lost 185 lbs and got there by hating my body. When I got to my lowest weight, I hated my body more. I'm working on loving my body now. On MFP and IG, the pics of larger bodies tend to be "before" pics. The thin pic is what is considered success. Definitely not trying to convince you to join a group but putting this out there for anyone else who looks at your thread. It has been helpful and motivating to see other women who love their bodies and are out there trying new physical activities no matter their size. They are success stories.

Not sure of any other good fitness groups on FB as I'm not really on there but hopefully someone else has some good recommendations for you.
  • LilithReigns
    Options
    Makes sense. I just posted because I have found the group to be so helpful. I lost 185 lbs and got there by hating my body. When I got to my lowest weight, I hated my body more. I'm working on loving my body now. On MFP and IG, the pics of larger bodies tend to be "before" pics. The thin pic is what is considered success. Definitely not trying to convince you to join a group but putting this out there for anyone else who looks at your thread. It has been helpful and motivating to see other women who love their bodies and are out there trying new physical activities no matter their size. They are success stories.

Not sure of any other good fitness groups on FB as I'm not really on there but hopefully someone else has some good recommendations for you.

I think that is wonderful and congratulations on the success it has brought you in finding comfort and acceptance. I agree on representation being important I know how damaging it can be when all that's displayed is big bodies in negative formats. I am grateful for the recommendation I may check it out.