Are you an introvert, extrovert or middle-of-the-road vert?

2»

Replies

• Coupongrl79
    Coupongrl79 Posts: 193 Member
    I'm always the girl in the corner petting cats at parties 🤷‍♀️

I tend to be in another room petting the cats or dogs, or playing with the kids. I only go back in for food.

• lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    *grabs a chair... Places it on the corner of the room.. sits.. look at phone.*

• Coupongrl79
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    Now I just assume that when I enter a room that people aren't interested in what I have to say. I will wait for them to interact. If nobody does interact, I am fine sitting by myself minding my own business.

I'm going to say this for the benefit of all of the shy or introverted women in NY. When they see you enter a room, they want to hear what you have to say. The only thing more attractive than your looks are your thoughts. Don't deprive them, J.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Introvert

I tend to be in another room petting the cats or dogs, or playing with the kids. I only go back in for food.

I turn down invitations for parties, stay home and hang out with my dogs. :/
    Unless there is to be alcohol at the party, then a drink or 2 loosens me up. Then everything I have to say is amazing. :)
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,571 Member
    Introvert

I used to hide in my bedroom during family gatherings. All of the younger cousins would hide out with me.

We were definitely the outliers of the family.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    edited April 2022
    Middle of the road
    Definitely ambivert
    25 signs you’re an ambivert
    1. You like going to parties, but don’t have to stay until the end. When you’ve had your fill, you’re comfortable leaving.

2. You like meeting new people, but not always. Sometimes you don’t want to make the effort of starting a new getting-to-know-you conversation. It depends on your mood.

3. Short conversations are just fine. You don’t need to spend hours talking to someone.

4. You can be by yourself for hours, then join a group for dinner. You’re equally happy in both situations because ambiverts straddle the line between introverted and extroverted tendencies.

5. You can go to the movie by yourself or with a friend, and you’d be happy either way. You really enjoy your own company, but you also enjoy being around others.

6. You can stay in the back and listen, but will definitely speak up if you have something to say.

7. You are comfortable in many different friend groups. You socialize with various circles and appreciate each circle for what it can offer you (sports, book club, wine club and more).

8. You socialize a lot, but still definitely need your down time. In fact, your perfect day is spending part of the day by yourself and part of the time with friends and family.

9. At the end of a group dinner with friends, you want to go home and be alone (take a bath, watch TV or read). You need to unwind by yourself each day.

10. You don’t mind talking to strangers, but don’t feel obligated to do so. People find you genuine and easy to talk to.

11. You’re generally game for any activity, but not for long periods of time. So instead of hiking for five hours and having constant chatter, ambiverts like you are more game for an hour or two of kayaking or walking with a friend. Shorter activities are more your speed and you may find yourself drawn to other ambiverts for that reason.

12. You’re not easily embarrassed. Many introverts don’t like to draw attention to themselves. Extroverts are the opposite. You’re in the middle.

13. You’re a part of the crowd, but not the center of attention. You’re not the sit-in-corner kind of person.

14. You definitely like your own company, but don’t want to be by yourself constantly.

15. You are pretty even-keeled in most situations.

16. Your friends find you stable and consistent. Employers like hiring you because you’re dependable. You don’t hog the spotlight, but you’re a really good team player.

17. When describing you, people would use terms like mild-mannered. You’re not the chatty Kathy that has to say something in every meeting, but you are also not a wallflower who often gets overlooked.

18. You’re a good negotiator because you’re an active listener as well as a talker. People feel like they are heard when they are around you.

19. You tend to make friends fairly easily. While extroverts have tons of acquaintances and introverts have a small group of friends, ambiverts like you are somewhere in the middle. You have a nice circle of inner friends and a medium circle of acquaintances.

20. You can regulate your emotions well. So if you get angry, you tend not to stay that way for long periods.

21. You’re empathetic. You are often the one helping a friend or coworker. People often come to you for advice or when they need a sounding board (someone to just listen).

22. While you have a social life, you also like doing things alone. You could easily go for a long hike solo but then meet up with friends for a campfire.

23. You’re mild-mannered. You’re not the one screaming at a concert, but you also aren’t the one silent the whole time.

24. Friends might refer to you as an extrovert with introvert tendencies or an introvert with extrovert tendencies. That’s a classic definition of an ambivert. Some days you’re just feeling super social and other days you’re feeling like you just need your own space. Even within a day you can swing back and forth between seeming like an introvert and extrovert to others. And that’s just fine with you.

25. You’re not drained after talking to people. Many introverts have a hard time conversing with people because their go-to happy place is being alone. Extroverts, on the other hand, can talk for hours and still keep talking. You are that really nice balance of talking to people and having great in-depth conversations, but people also don’t feel drained talking to you.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    Introvert
    Extreme introvert. I'm struggling with having more people in the office again and we're not back to full complement yet.

Twice now I've come across events that my BFF would probably enjoy, thought about asking her if she wanted to go, then chickened out because PEOPLE.

Social events where I don't know anyone? I just won't go.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    Introvert
    I'm an introvert who wants to be an extrovert but that sounds draining. I'm always the girl in the corner petting cats at parties 🤷‍♀️

I would like to accompany you to the party and pet the cats as well. We don't even have to talk to each other.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Introvert
    I'm an introvert who wants to be an extrovert but that sounds draining. I'm always the girl in the corner petting cats at parties 🤷‍♀️

I would like to accompany you to the party and pet the cats as well. We don't even have to talk to each other.

Maybe there could be an exclusive introvert corner, or entire room filled with cats. And vodka. Then when we all loosen up we could venture over to the extrovert corner and see what's going on?
  • J_NY_Z
    Introvert
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

Maybe there could be an exclusive introvert corner, or entire room filled with cats. And vodka. Then when we all loosen up we could venture over to the extrovert corner and see what's going on?

You can venture with the vodka, I'll stay with the cats. I will however save your seat in case you want to return.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Introvert
    I just don’t understand why Motorsheen hasn’t chimed in to say he’s a pervert.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,571 Member
    Introvert

Maybe he's watching us...from a closet...naked.
  • Coupongrl79
    edited April 2022
    glassyo wrote: »

Think I'll put on my cat headband and join him in the closet. Everyone needs a kitten to play with at this party.
  • J_NY_Z
    Introvert

Think I'll put on my cat headband and join him in the closet. Everyone needs a kitten to play with at this party.

Meow...
  • MadRee87
    MadRee87 Posts: 227 Member
    Extrovert
    100% Extrovert. I literally will hug strangers.
  • Coupongrl79

This was just wishful thinking. I checked the closets and there was no sign of him or his burrito. I'm off to stick my tail in someone else's face.