…it’s a start.

Options
I’ve lost 5ibs within two weeks by cutting out junk food and exercising religiously. Just another 50ibs to go. I hope to achieve back to what I was 5 years ago @ 185ibs / 24 BMI.

(I’m 32 years old and 6’ tall)

Replies

• CrustyOldMan
    CrustyOldMan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You will succeed!
  • Stefanyyz
    Stefanyyz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing with cutting out junk food and exercising religiously. I started this app back on February 7 and so far I have lost 15 pounds. At 5‘9“ I’m trying to get to 168. I actually started off at 240 pounds three years ago and I’m now at 185.4. Only 16.4 pounds to go. Keep rockin.
  • Kiwi2mfp
    Kiwi2mfp Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I’ve lost 5ibs within two weeks by cutting out junk food and exercising religiously. Just another 50ibs to go. I hope to achieve back to what I was 5 years ago @ 185ibs / 24 BMI.

(I’m 32 years old and 6’ tall)

I am on the same journey. Started 18 days ago. My biggest thing was cutting a ton of cream and sugar out of coffee I drank all day. I am 5'7" and was 217 pounds for 4 years or so. My doc says my starting BMI was 34 (but that's by scale). At 164 I am supposedly at 24 BMI by scale. But historically I have taped into 24 BMI at 174.. I used to be a female navy firefighter....I truly do have muscle. I have also cut out all junk food but the occasional treat that I log in and work around. Drink nothing but water and black coffee now. 18 days in and I have dropped just under 12 pounds. I might have to up my calories though from 1200 to one or two hundred more. I've dropped 5 pounds in the last week! Since it's not the first week, I've got to put the breaks on this. Funny thing is, I don't feel like I'm starving! No massive headaches, no constant tummy growls, I'm not tired....if I feel hungry and need to eat immediately, I eat! But myfitnesspal really does work. I am 38 BTW.
  • Archcurl
    Archcurl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Its definitely a great start! Keep it up 💜
  • FrankieFan84
    FrankieFan84 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wtg! 👍
  • KarmaKamen
    KarmaKamen Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Small changes add up over time. :)
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    Options
    Way to go, keep it up 😊
  • lacylucy1935
    lacylucy1935 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Great start, just never give up! That is key, even if you have a bump in the road just get right back on! Clean eating, lots of protein!! I have play head games w/myself like. If you choose to eat that you have to walk 2 laps or can you make it through this event w/o eating unhealthy? And if you log your food to see what is actually in what you are eating, huge help.
    Example- yesterday I had a piece of chocolate cherry cake, ok needs to be logged and not a ticket to eat unhealthy for the rest of the day. Got right back to it!!!
  • willboywonder
    willboywonder Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Great job. You are on the right track by eliminating junk food. Good luck on your goals.
  • 88AViva
    88AViva Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    That's awesome 🙂 Keep Going!
    You will get there.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!