Help! Craving Cookies!!!

Options
MandaLen13
MandaLen13 Posts: 151 Member
I'm craving some hot fresh baked cookies. Anybody have any recipes that wont kill my diet? My favorite kind of cookies are Chocolate Chip or Peanut Butter! Ohhhh and Oatmeal too! :P

Replies

• RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    When I get a cookie craving I just eat a small handful of chocolate chips.

Sorry I don't have any recipes yet. I've been looking too. >.>
  • yentess
    yentess Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I LOVE larabars. The chocolate brownie kind is super yummy, and full of healthy guilt free ingredients :)
  • newlyknit
    newlyknit Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    When I get a craving for cookies I eat Nature's Valley Oats and Honey granola bars with a glass of milk. I dunk the granola bar in milk to make it soft, and to me its just like eating milk and cookies.
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Sorry! no recipes here! Gave in to my craving this weekend because I bought stuff at a bake sale that was supporting our local children's hospital. Not a good thing - the baked goods that is! lol. The were selling wal-mart bags full for $5! Of course I HAD to support them. Some of it was great. Other stuff not so great. But I have thrown it away now so the temptation is no longer there.
  • CrimsonHellkite
    Options
    peanut butter cookies

Ingredients

1 cup peanut butter, creamy or crunchy(i use all natural organic peanut butter personally)
    1 1/3 cups baking sugar replacement (recommended: Splenda)
    1 egg
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a large baking sheet.

In a mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, 1 cup sugar replacement, the egg, and vanilla, and stir well with a spoon. Roll the dough into balls the size of walnuts. Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet. With a fork, dipped in sugar replacement to prevent sticking, press a crisscross design on each cookie. Bake for 12 minutes, remove from the oven, and sprinkle the cookies with some of the remaining sugar replacement. Cool slightly before removing from pan.

i dont sprinkle the splenda on top though the are sweet enough.
  • K9rescue
    Options
    Keep a bag of Newton's Cranberry Cirtus thin cookies - it stops the craving for home made. One serving is 3 cookies -140 calories, made from whole grain and they taste pretty good
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Warm a granola bar in the microwave before eating it….
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Make your oatmeal cookies but use applesauce for half the fat. Make a few for yourself then let the dog lick out the bowl :)
    Works at my house LOL since we have a Newfoundland.
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Skinny Low-fat Chocolate Chip Cookies
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 12 • Size: 2 cookies • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 170.7 • Fat: 5.0 g • Protein: 1.4 g • Carb: 34.5 g • Fiber: 1.4 g • Sugar: 25.4 g
    Sodium: 113.1 mg

Ingredients:
    1/2 cup granulated sugar
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    2 tbsp butter, melted
    1 egg white
    2 tbsp apple sauce
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
    1/2 cup all purpose flour
    1/4 tsp baking soda
    1/8 tsp salt
    1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°. Line two cookie sheets with non-stick silicone baking liners such as Silpats (I highly recommend for best results) or lightly spray cookie sheets with cooking spray.

In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt and stir to blend. In another bowl, whisk the sugars, butter, egg white, applesauce and vanilla together until light and fluffy.

Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in two additions until the batter is very well blended. If the batter looks more “crumbly” than smooth, add just a drop of water at a time (ONLY if needed) until it smooths out.

Fold in chocolate chips.

Drop by level spoonfuls about 1 inch apart onto baking sheets.

Bake 8 - 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, and let them stand 5 minutes before removing the cookies from the pans to cool on wire racks.

Makes 2 dozen cookies
  • DHalaby73
    Options
    Peanut Butter Cup Blondies
    If you're a fan of the classic flavor combination of chocolate and peanut butter, you'll love these bars.

YIELD: Serves 20 (serving size: 1 brownie)
    HANDS-ON:20 Minutes
    TOTAL:2 Hours
    COURSE: Cookies, Desserts
    Ingredients

5 3/5 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 1/4 cups)
    1 cup granulated sugar
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
    1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
    2 tablespoons 2% reduced-fat milk
    2 large eggs, lightly beaten
    1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
    Cooking spray
    4 (0.75-ounce) peanut butter cups, coarsely chopped
    Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 350°.

2. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients (through salt), stirring well with a whisk. Combine peanut butter and next 4 ingredients (through eggs), stirring well. Add peanut butter mixture to flour mixture; stir until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.

3. Scrape the batter into a 9-inch square metal baking pan lightly coated with cooking spray, and arrange the peanut butter cups over batter. Bake at 350° for 19 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs clinging. Cool in pan on a wire rack.

Nutritional Information
    Amount per serving
    Calories: 153
    Fat: 7g
    Saturated fat: 2.9g
    Monounsaturated fat: 2g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
    Protein: 3.2g
    Carbohydrate: 20.8g
    Fiber: 0.7g
    Cholesterol: 28mg
    Iron: 0.7mg
    Sodium: 98mg
    Calcium: 17mg
  • DHalaby73
    Options
    Sweet and Salty Peanut Chocolate Chunk Cookies
    Coarse-grained sea salt does not melt into the batter, so you experience a crunchy burst with every bite. Use any other nut you like in place of peanuts.Wow - these are good! I took the advice of a couple of reviewers - 1. doubled the nuts/choc chips 2. 1/2'd the sugars 3. doubled the recipe Delicious!

YIELD: 38 cookies (serving size: 1 cookie)
    COURSE: Desserts, Cookies
    Ingredients

1/3 cup coarsely chopped unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
    1 cup all-purpose flour (about 4 1/2 ounces)
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 cup granulated sugar
    1/2 cup packed brown sugar
    1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
    1 large egg
    1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
    1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
    Cooking spray
    Preparation

Preheat oven to 350°.

Place nuts in a small baking pan. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes or until lightly toasted; cool.

Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda, stirring well with a whisk.

Place sugars and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 2 minutes). Add vanilla and egg; beat until combined. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture; beat at low speed until well blended. Stir in peanuts, chocolate chips, and salt.

Drop dough by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove cookies from pans; cool completely on wire racks.

Nutritional Information
    Amount per serving
    Calories: 61
    Calories from fat: 35%
    Fat: 2.4g
    Saturated fat: 1.2g
    Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
    Protein: 0.9g
    Carbohydrate: 9.2g
    Fiber: 0.3g
    Cholesterol: 9mg
    Iron: 0.3mg
    Sodium: 48mg
    Calcium: 9mg
  • MandaLen13
    MandaLen13 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Sweet and Salty Peanut Chocolate Chunk Cookies
    Coarse-grained sea salt does not melt into the batter, so you experience a crunchy burst with every bite. Use any other nut you like in place of peanuts.Wow - these are good! I took the advice of a couple of reviewers - 1. doubled the nuts/choc chips 2. 1/2'd the sugars 3. doubled the recipe Delicious!

These sound amazing! Thank you for all your recipes! Cant wait to try them!!!! :)
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Bump:flowerforyou:
  • 2girlymama
    Options
    Love this recipe - and if you replace the butter with coconut oil (which I've done and it works great) then it is no butter, no granulated sugar, and no white flour. It's awesome! I usually keep these always on-hand.

My-sweet craving has nearly disappeared. Good luck!

http://www.diynatural.com/the-ultimate-healthy-chocolate-chip-cookies/
  • thalch
    Options
    I know it sounds horrible, but the best way to get rid of the craving.. just have a cookie. If you go without it you're going to feel like your diet really a DIET... then you're gonna fall off your horse! It's better to treat yourself every once in a while and give yourself what you're wanting. Plus, every now and again a day full of bad eating is good to help confuse your body, but don't do it for more than three days!
  • Luvmysixpack
    Options
    I make jell-o with whipped topping and and fruit 60 calories or I will get sugar free pudding and make some pudding and it is really good. Or just have a cookie. If you have one you will be okay!
  • Luvmysixpack
    Options
    I make jell-o with whipped topping and and fruit 60 calories or I will get sugar free pudding and make some pudding and it is really good. Or just have a cookie. If you have one you will be okay!
  • anastasiawildflower
    Options
    Honestly I would just suggest making cookie doughs, rolling them in parchment and freezing them. That way when ever you feel like a cookie you can take out the roll, slice it and make a cookie or two for yourself without making an entire batch to taunt you. It works nicely too if you have a kitchen scale so you can see how large your portion is and find the nutrition facts later.
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    grab a light graham cracker, or arrowroot cookie or quaker rice cake and spread nutella on it.