• Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    You guys are making me hungry!!!
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I made no carb "breakfast bombs" with ham, eggs, and cheese

spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray, add three slices of ham (or turkey, or whatever lunch meat you have on hand) to each cup
    Scramble up some eggs and pour into the ham cups
    top with cheese and bake at 375 until the eggs set.
    I add hot sauce or salsa... drooooooool

Obviously, you can add veggies to these so you have something like quiche, but without the crust. I did this on a whim when I found some low-sodium sliced ham on sale and my mother dropped off two dozen farm fresh eggs that I didn't want to go to waste!
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I use Thin N Trim sliced meats. They are a little more expensive but its worth it as it has less sodium than most sliced meat options. I'm making myself hungry too! Good thing I have a boiled dinner going in the slow cooker at home :happy:
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    bumping for later
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    tofu scramble - hits the spot!
    even add a scrambled egg, if you want the extra protein; 3 oz firm tofu, crumbled; cottage cheese, or shredded cheese, or even feta; veggies or salsa to top it off.

YUM.

This sounds good! Tofu crumbled with feta, soy sausage patty, feta and green onions is yummy too!
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Egg whites
    Turkey sausage
    Greek yogurt
    LF cottage cheese
    Protein smoothie
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to increase the amount of protein in my diet. I am really disappointed in some things that are touted as being high protein, like hummus and peanut butter. Even when I have a breakfast of 1 egg with turkey sausage it is less protein I would like.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    I usually alternate an egg breakfast and a greek yogurt breakfast.
    1 jumbo egg with 3tbs egg white on a joseph's pita(lower carb w/protein), a smear of avocado and a sprinkle of bagel seasoning. Sometimes I skip the pita and add a chicken or turkey sausage link with cheese instead of avocado
    Vanilla Greek yogurt with berries or plain Greek yogurt, 1 tbs peanut powder, walden farms maple walnut syrup and 1/2 sliced banana
  • rachelg45
    rachelg45 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Smoked Turkey Sausage. I just pan fry it dry and eat it with eggs. Low cal, low fat and high protein!

what is the smoked turkey sausage that you eat?
  • Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I eat fat free greek yogurt and berries, or 1/2 banana. From the yogurt, for 80 calories I get 16g of protein and only 5g carbs and no fat. Toss in some chia seeds or flax seeds for extra fiber and extra protein, Or just soak the chia seeds in milk overnight with some cut up bananas and vanilla, sprinkle with cinnamon, and eat them as a chia seed pudding topped with some greek yogurt.

Extra benefit - none of this requires any time or cooking in the morning, and can alternatively be taken with you to work/workouts as a snack.

This is the info on Fage fat free greek yogurt (from their website) which is the brand I like. Others are different.
    Serving Size 1 Container (150g)
    Servings Per Container 1

Amount/Serving DV%*
    Calories
    Total Fat
    0g
    0%
    Saturated Fat
    0g
    0%
    Trans Fat
    0g
    Cholesterol
    10mg
    3%
    Sodium
    55mg
    2%
    Total Carbohydrate
    5g
    2%
    Dietary Fiber
    0g
    0%
    Total Sugars
    5g
    Includes 0g Added Sugars
    0%
    Protein
    16g
    31%
    Vitamin D
    0mcg
    0%
    Calcium
    180mg
    15%
    Iron
    0mg
    0%
    Potassium
    230mg
    4%
    *The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.

*Product formulation and packaging may change. Please refer to the product label for the most accurate information.
  • Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Or go the Scandinavian route … Wasa crispbread (30-45 cal a slice) top with a slice of smoked salmon and some sliced cucumbers (or better … make yourself some salmon for dinner by roasting it on a sheet pan - it is an oily fish so you don’t need to do anything more than put it on parchment paper and sprinkle with enough salt and pepper and your favorite spices and top with some slivered lemon and shallots, or else put all of that in a foil package and cook in a hot oven to your desired doneness, and save some overnight for leftovers in the morning. In the morning flake the fish with a tiny bit of plain greek yogurt like if you were making a tuna salad, and top the crisp bread with it and the sliced cucumbers or cherry tomatos and any herbs you happen to have around.). Maybe have a boiled or poached egg with it.
  • Susanna527
    Susanna527 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    Love chia seeds - I make a simple 3 ingredient jam with them 😊

For breakfast, sometimes I have a very small amount of oatmeal, with peanut butter powder mixed in. Get the protein, but not the fat.
  • DiscoveringLisa
    DiscoveringLisa Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Amanda_Gx6 wrote: »
    I usually eat 3 egg whites, 1 piece of cheese, 1 thick piece of ham and half a multigrain english muffin. This works out to 45% protein (29 g) and 27% carbohydrate (17 g not deducting fiber).

I'm afraid I'm going to start getting bored with my meal choice and I am looking for different options that have a higher amount of protein without a bunch of carbohydrates. Don't get me wrong I love my carbs, carbs can be my friend but in the mornings I don't function to my best potential with them high in the mix. Thanks :smile:

Smoked salmon, poached eggs and asparagus

Avocado mashed up on sourdough toast with a fried egg and some hot sauce

Protein pancakes with bacon and skinny syrup