weightloss

Options

Replies

• kris0408
    Options
    I do fine for about 2 weeks. Then it's such a struggle after that. How do you keep going without giving in?
  • SailingMike
    SailingMike Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Some things I have learned...
    1. In the first weeks of starting exercise program most folks gain weight because muscle weighs more than fat. SO don't just weigh yourself... MEASURE to see what your body is really doing.
    2. NEVER eat less than about 125O calories... OR try to loose too much too fast. Your body goes into starvation mode and retains fat.
    3. It took YEARS to put on the weight... eat HEALTHY (food pyramid) exercise regularly... and slowly it will come off.
    4. Also, SLOW weight loss is most likely to stay off long term.
    5. DON"T "diet"... just learn to eat properly and exercise regularly. Make your goal "good health."
    6. Eat back at least SOME of your exercise calories. This motivates me to exercise more!
    7. Don't deprive yourself. Learn to have just ONE bite of that cake. Total deprivation may lead to fast weight gain later.
    8. As you gained weight you probably had plateaus going up. Your body remembers these plateaus and will automatically plateau there again on the way down. Some refer to these as "set points." It may take some time and sometimes some adjustments to get past them.
    9. Mix it up. Vary your exercise from day to day and vary your menu. If you get bored you are less likely to be successful.
    10. Fill out your MyFitnessPal.com profile, particpate on the boards and add some friends who will encourage you (and maybe inspire you too) .... and HAVE FUN with it!!
    11. Move More + Eat Less = Lower Weight

"It matters not if we try and fail, and try and fail again. But it matters much if we try and fail and fail to try again."
  • lanenalatina
    lanenalatina Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    just stay strong u can do this I kow is hard take it one day at a time, be honest with yourself and make it part of your day!!!!! Don't give up!!!!

6540321.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I keep going because a) I've seen results, b) it really becomes a habit after a while. I'm eating better not jut to lose weight but to be healthy, and I think the way I'm doing it is sustainable - I'm not depriving myself, I'm eating enough, and I exercise moderately. That's really it.

Stick with it! :flowerforyou:
  • candylw
    Options
    I think for me because I am so competitive that i want to see how far I can push myself and how far i can go... I don't even give myself one day to rest ... I feel bad if I do... I make myself at least get on my treadmill for 30 mins and then once i am close i say oh i can go 10 more and on and on... plus having people i know behind me helps a lot ...makes me not want to let them down too.,
  • sdhorne
    sdhorne Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You have to have a intake of 1200 calories a day. For example I can have 2200 cal a day, but if I burn 1000 cal when I exercise I start with a deficit. I then have to eat a total of 2200 cal just to have a net intake of 1200 for the day. I have had days where I burned so much in my morning workouts and with my eating right that I have to eat a heavy cal snack in the evening.
  • kris0408
    Options
    Thank you, all! I'm know all these words of encouragement will help me achieve my goal.
  • caroln3
    caroln3 Posts: 217
    Options
    The same thing would happen to me. If you mess up after 2 weeks DON'T give up. Just dust yourself off and start over the next day. Do this as many times as you have to. Eventually you will get the hang of it, you will want to do better, eat better, exercise more and find out what is best for you.