Can bigger girls do the 30 Day Shred?

Options
I've seen a lot of people talking about the 30DS. I bought the DVD but haven't started yet. I am currently 5'2" and 180 lbs which is a size 12/14. I mentioned the 30DS and some guy messaged me and said that bigger girls shouldn't do it because they won't see the same results as smaller people. He said it's only meant for people with 10-15 lbs left to lose. I am very discouraged if I can't even see results with a workout video even though I'm considered obese!

Replies

• mrshickey
    Options
    thats bullcrap. theres loads of success pic on here from people who have done it who are heavier than you. im heavier and im doin it, dnt let anyone put u off. its hard but im sure my measurements will change once im done! there are loads of 30 day shred challenge threads maybe u could join one of them. good luck xx
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Some of my friends have done 30DS and they were slightly over 200lbs...they saw results. It probably depends on the person. If you're wanting to try it, I say give it a go! Good luck!
  • igora_soma
    Options
    I would give it a try definitely! I'm 5'6" and I tried it when I was around 200 and it helped me lose inches! If you are comfortable with the movements/actions, then just go for it :)
  • sixxbaby
    Options
    don't listen to boys, they are stupid!
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Bah i did it at 220! and i rocked it! :bigsmile:
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    When I first done it I was 190s and im only 5'3.
    You can so do it.
  • khartley535
    khartley535 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    SCREW whoever told you that. I am 5'4" and on Monday when I started it I was 193 lbs. I have seen the before and after pics of quite a few people on here and if you apply yourself not just to the workout, but to your nutrition as well, then you WILL see results. Besides, it is a GREAT workout. You should totally do it. I'm on day 8 now, BTW.
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Don't let someone tell you what you CAN'T do. Try it -- maybe you won't see the same results at someone with only 10lbs to go.. but maybe you'll see better results!

Hope you like it -- I've been thinking about trying it myself and I'm 5'4 with lots more than 10-15 to lose :wink:
  • prettybrownround
    prettybrownround Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    That is complete nonsense.....there are a lot of people (all sizes) on here that hv had huge success with 30DS.
  • hannah1591
    hannah1591 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thats rubbish. Im around 207 lbs just now and curently doing 30ds!
  • KLo924
    KLo924 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Definitely try it! I did it at 235ish, and use it from time to time instead of or to supplement my workouts. Just about any exercise is good exercise, eh?
  • theradiantbride
    Options
    You'll see results. If you're expecting to get trim and toned in 30 days, well obviously that isn't going to happen, but that doesn't happen for people with 10-15lbs left to lose either. If you do the 30DS and stick with it, you will feel stronger and you will lose weight (as long as your food is in check as well :D)!

So do it!
  • famlyluv
    famlyluv Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I am also doing the 30ds! Don't listen to haters!!! You can do it and you will rock it!! It's an awesome workout....beware tho, you might say some words your mother shouldnt hear!!!lol
  • kellybug123
    Options
    You never know until you at least try it. If you decide after the 30 days it wasn't for you, then at least you're healthier than you were 30 days before. My sister is a bigger girl and she's doing the 30 day shred right now. I think she's on the second week. She seems to really like it so far. Join one of the 30 day shred threads/groups and go from there. Don't let one hater keep you from doing what you want to do. :)
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Eff that noise! I was 220 lbs doing fitness boot camps full of skinny people.
    Now some of the videos out there are more for muscle building/sculpting and such (like P90X ...) and not so much weight loss. But you are still burning calories and being active.
    You could do it!!
  • 4cookiesmom
    Options
    You can do it. And after you are done, take your much leaner and stronger body and beat that guy up! Stupid boys.
  • jenvens
    jenvens Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Nope...I'm 5'5 and weigh about a ton and I have used 30DS...get out there and do it!
  • mals422
    Options
    You can absolutely do the 30 Day Shred. I don't know why someone told you it would only work for smaller people, but why wouldn't exercise work for bigger people?? I've gone all the way through Shred at size 14 more than once*, and I loved it.

Your before and after pictures might not be as impressive as someone who has less to lose, but you can be sure you'll be in much better shape afterward than you were before. Jillian is tough! She gives you modifications for most exercises, but don't expect them to be easy. Looking good is hard work!

Good luck, have fun, and if you like Jillian's style, try Ripped in 30 next - it's even better than Shred!

*I wish someone had convinced me to start counting calories a few years ago!!
  • horsepullerlovesme
    Options
    Girls Rule,Boys Drool....... i am 250 lbs and i do it and love it. i can do it actually do what she does. go for it. dont let anyone tell u that u cant doin nothing cuz u can... have she kicks ur butt......... :~)
  • MelanieOnTheRun
    Options
    omg whoever said that to you is sooooo rude!
    anyone that wants to should try 30ds. im 5'4 and was 180lb the first time i tried 30ds. it is a difficult workout at first but if you keep going you can see yourself improve.

girl i think you should do it and then post your success photos so that guy can see just how wrong he was!!