? about 30 Day Shred

Options
I have been wanting to try the 30 Day Shred DVD's. Everyone seems to like them. My question is if anyone knows about how many calories are burned doing that tape. I don't have a HRM yet so I know whatever people say is only a guess. What is the average calorie burn?

Replies

• rebeccask
    Options
    Some people have said that "aerobics" is pretty close to how many you burn, but I've also seen people say they burn more than that.
  • rdvincent
    Options
    bump
  • horsepullerlovesme
    Options
    my hrm says i burn 255 calories in 20 mintues. hope that help.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I enter it as circuit training in mfp, which suggests about 200 cals for the 20 mins. I've seen people that do use HRMs log between 180 and 250 cals for it.
  • manorexicmarshmallow
    Options
    there's a category called "circuit training" just use that and input 23 minutes and its close enough.
  • Camey44
    Camey44 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am presently doing the 30DS and I log my workout as 20 Min Circuit Training.
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I logged it as circuit training before I got my HRM. I usually burn about 195 calories.
  • AriesEarth
    AriesEarth Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I had this same question and most people said that they listed it as "Circuit Training - General". This is what I list it as and I burn ~300 calories. I'm 5'11 and I weigh 250 pounds, so that's probably about right.
  • megrrt
    megrrt Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am anywhere from 189-200 cal burned for the 27min. All levels. I have a HRM and that is what I get.
    Good luck to you!
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    it also depends on how much you weigh as to
    how many calories you're burning.
    so if you can find someone with the same or similar stats as yourself
    that would be a great help.
  • CMGemstone
    CMGemstone Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! That helps a bunch!
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I use circuit training, general numbers... 230 for 20 minutes-- 190 pounds
  • ashlytet
    Options
    Also, i see what other people are suggesting, it may be accurate, but what you burn goes by your weight and how high your heart rate is. So be careful. They have heart rate estimators on the web.
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I logged it as circuit training before I got my HRM. I usually burn about 195 calories.

How accurate is circuit training to your HRM?
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I have a HRM and mine comes out to 185 calories burned, so I log it as 15 min of circuit training (I am 5'7, 197lbs and average heart rate during workout was 158.
    :)
  • dez_yaoichan
    Options
    30DS is circuit training. JM tells you that in the dvd so you can log it. it's 3 circuits at 6 minutes each. 18 minutes of circuit training on MFP comes to 190 calories (more or less depending on your personal info) best bet is to get a HRM.
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I also use circuit training as a guide. I go to a circuit training class - then tried the 30 Day Shred. Very similar. Both very a** kicking! :smooched:
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options

How accurate is circuit training to your HRM?
    Mine is about 5 minutes short, I burned 183 calories during 20 minutes of workout, so I log it as 15 minutes instead of 20 minutes of circuit training. I am 5'7, 197lbs with average heart rate 158 druing workout. :)
  • rebysue
    rebysue Posts: 136
    Options
    It depens on your weight. I have an HRM and log it as 27 minutes (including warm up and cool down) and the calorie count under circuit training is usually very close. BUT, every persons body is going to respond differently. Even with my HRM, my calories burned flucuate by as much as 50 calories depending on the weights I use and how much effort I put into it. I am 5'7", weigh 135 and usually burn around 225.
  • rachel_onamission
    Options
    Its going to depend on your stats..height & weight. Log it as circuit training..thats the closest thing I found to it that seems to be pretty accurate!