Hello

Options
hd4meme
hd4meme Posts: 1 Member
My name is Belinda. I live in Arkansas and I am 66 years old. I am recently retired and am excited to have been introduced to this program! I have put on the pounds since retiring and traveling in our motorhome.
I’m looking forward to the challenge with this journey even if only a few pounds are coming off a week. I do really good during the day but the dinner time meals are a struggle to figure the calorie count on. Hoping to get some great help and good advice in the weeks and months ahead!
I’m excited!

Replies

• SilverSage1
    SilverSage1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    hd4meme wrote: »
    I’m looking forward to the challenge with this journey even if only a few pounds are coming off a week. I do really good during the day but the dinner time meals are a struggle to figure the calorie count on.

A few pounds each week!!! A healthy weight loss is 1/2 to 2 pounds each week. You’re doing great!

Your dinners - are you cooking them or eating out? It can be difficult sometimes to track calories if you eat out a lot.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,440 Member
    Options
    My husband started last august at 66 and has lost enough he’s completely off diabetes meds. Although I’m a bit younger, I’ve lost 40% of my own body weight here, too, weighing logging and exercising. .

Agree with @SilverSage1.

Unless you are obese or above, “a few pounds a week” is neither likely, nor safe.

Give yourself the grace to learn to log well. You didn’t learn algebra the first day of eighth grade, did you?

There’s plenty of easy, tasty low cal meals you can make in the motor home.