Lose a PUMPKIN by Halloween Challenge *OPEN Group*

Options
I want to start a group that we can push each other to reach our goals by Halloween. Most of the groups on here are closed, so for those of you like myself that need a group, heres an open one. Anyone can join at anytime. I figured I would start a fun group, in which we can have mini challenges and weigh in every monday. The average size of a pumpkin is from 8 lbs to 40+ lbs. What size pumpkin (weight) do you want to lose by Halloween? Fill out the following form:

9/19 SW- 220 lbs.
GW by Halloween- 199 lbs.
What Im willing to do to lose the weight? - Give up sleeping in, in the mornings and exercise
What will my reward be when I reach my goal on Halloween?- Take a road trip
What will I do differently in this challenge then other challenges tried before?- Listen and follow "Unlimited" by Jillian Michaels to stay motivated

WEIGH IN EVERY MONDAY UNTIL HALLOWEEN

Replies

• GabrielleNadine
    Options
    This sounds like a fun little challenge, I think I'll try it & work some more cardio into every day.
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Great Idea!

9/19 SW- I will weigh tomorrow AM
    GW by Halloween- 20 lb pumpkin gone!
    What Im willing to do to lose the weight? - Give up sleeping in, in the mornings and exercise THIS
    What will my reward be when I reach my goal on Halloween?- New shoes
    What will I do differently in this challenge then other challenges tried before?- Listen and follow "Unlimited" by Jillian Michaels to stay motivated THIS TOO!
  • Sounds like a plan to me. I'm with you!!!

9/19 SW- I will weigh tomorrow AM
    GW by Halloween- 10lb pumpkin gone!
    What Im willing to do to lose the weight? - Pay closer attention to what I eat and exercise more
    What will my reward be when I reach my goal on Halloween?- New Outfit:
    What will I do differently in this challenge then other challenges tried before?- This is my first challenge!
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
    Sounds like it could be fun. I will play along.

Firstly let me say hi. My name is Greg.

9/19 SW- 370.
    GW by Halloween- 355.
    What I'm planning to do to lose the weight? - Start going back to the gym.
    What will my reward be when I reach my goal on Halloween?- A small indulgence in halloween candy.
    What will I do differently in this challenge then other challenges tried before? This is my first challenge.
  • aphillips8180
    aphillips8180 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a great idea! I'm going to try also! =)

9/19 SW- 184.6
    GW by Halloween- 165
    What Im willing to do to lose the weight? - Give up sleeping in, in the mornings and exercise
    What will my reward be when I reach my goal on Halloween?- Small shopping trip for new underclothes. =)
    What will I do differently in this challenge then other challenges tried before?- Utilize the group for motivation and support.

We can do this!
  • melissa4457
    melissa4457 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This could be fun. Im in

9/19 SW- 305.0
    GW by Halloween- 280
    What Im willing to do to lose the weight? - Give up sweets and start eatign breakfast
    What will my reward be when I reach my goal on Halloween?- a glass fo wine
    What will I do differently in this challenge then other challenges tried before?- hold my self accountable to work our insted of hittign the snooz button
  • kvanbenthem
    Options
    Great idea! My name is Kathy and I have been a "lurker" (if that is the right term!) on MFP for the past month. I haven't posted anything as I wanted to see how this would go... I have kept to my goals faithfully and have lost 10 lbs! My husband started with me and he has lost 20 lbs- what gives! lol I seem to be stuck the last 10 days for some reason.. so this sounds like something to get me off this little mini-plateau.
    08/13 SW- 184
    09/19 CW- 174
    GW by hallowe'en- 164
    What I'm planning to do to lose the weight.. keep on with boot camp X3 week and drink more water (I always forget!)
    What will my reward be?- A new dress for a wedding we are attending in early November
    What will I do differently in this challenge.. well this is my first MFP challenge- but to reinforce.. DRINK MORE WATER!
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    This is my first challenge too :D

9/19 SW- 227
    GW by Halloween- 207
    What Im willing to do to lose the weight? - Start exercising 3x wk on the eliptical
    What will my reward be when I reach my goal on Halloween?- A new piece of jewelry
    What will I do differently in this challenge then other challenges tried before?- This is my first challenge
  • mangojelly
    mangojelly Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started exercising regularly (3x a week for 60 min.) about 6 months ago. During that time I have lost almost 20 pounds (go me!) but I haven't been tracking my food consistently and therefore my eating habits have not been the best. I'm ready to change my lifestyle to eating a healthy whole food diet and choosing foods that fuel my body in a smart way.

9/19 SW- 182 lbs.
    GW by Halloween- 172 lbs.
    What I'm willing to do to lose the weight? - Add 60 more minutes of exercise each week ( 4x/week)
    What will my reward be when I reach my goal on Halloween?- turn a 10 lb pumpkin into a jack o lantern for my porch
    What will I do differently in this challenge then other challenges tried before?- 1st challenge, but I am willing to track my food everyday.

Thanks for the fun challenge!
  • faith_76
    faith_76 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

my pumpkin will be 10 lbs.
    sw as of 9/19 165lbs
    halloween goal 155lbs

What am I willing to do to lose weight? actually do my dvds 6x week
    What will my reward be on halloween? i want to say take my kids almond joys they get but that probably isnt a good idea so I will say buy 2 new shirts.
    What will I do differently in this challange then other challenges? Actually check in on mondays!

Feel free to add me.
  • reavessw
    Options
    I have never done one of these and I am also a "Lurker".
    I plan to drink more water-
    Goal- 10 lbs
    Reward- a massage
    Since i have never done one- complete this one:happy:
  • radiotrash
    radiotrash Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I too have been lurking but figured maybe I should be more active.

9/19 SW- 159 lbs
    GW by Halloween- 150lbs.
    What Im willing to do to lose the weight? -Try to work out at least 30 minutes everyday if not more.
    What will my reward be when I reach my goal on Halloween?- Not sure yet but I'm sure I'll buy myself something as a treat.
    What will I do differently in this challenge then other challenges tried before?- I haven't tried any other challenges before so hopefully I do it right the first time! :)
  • ElizabethG512
    Options
    9/19 SW- 231 lbs.

GW by Halloween- 203 lbs.
    Pumpkin size? 28 pounds!

What Im willing to do to lose the weight? - Make smart choices and stick to my calorie limits...and burn atleast 1000 calories a day working out!
    What will my reward be when I reach my goal on Halloween?- Aside from all my "middle size me" clothes that fit last fall? I think that I will earn a mani/pedi!
    What will I do differently in this challenge then other challenges tried before?- Pack gym clothes and not cancel my plans to work out so I can spend time with others. I will also not sit down on the couch after work : )
  • Ready2BEthin
    Ready2BEthin Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I came up with a fun mini challenge for this week. This is optional to participate....

WEEK 1 CHALLENGE: During the course of the week do 200 squats. You can keep track on a post it. Then on Monday 9/26/11 when we have our weigh in, you can share with the group if you completed the challenge. You can do all 200 in one day or you can do 33 everyday until you reach the goal.

***Think to yourself what will your life be like on Halloween when you have reach your mini goal weight and lost your pumpkin?? Think of the compliments you will recieve from people around you. And think of how proud you will feel about yourself.

*Also take your goal weight and divide by 6 (weeks) so you can keep your eye on the scale as to how much you should weigh next monday to stay on track for your goal.
  • tundebo
    tundebo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hello,

great idea, I was also looking for a group but all was closed.
    I would like to join.

9/19 SW- I will weight tomorrow AM
    GW by Halloween- 12lbs.
    What Im willing to do to lose the weight? - give up to eat so many sweet and Try to work out at least 30 minutes everyday.
    What will my reward be when I reach my goal on Halloween?- Not sure yet but I'm sure I'll buy myself something as a treat.
    What will I do differently in this challenge then other challenges tried before?- I really try to stick to the plan and do not eat sweet. :)

I would like to add you guys as a friend to keep in touch.:smile:

Thanks
    Tunde
  • I was at work yesterday and couldn't weigh myself to include my starting weight in my post.
    9/20/2011-SW 154
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I came up with a fun mini challenge for this week. This is optional to participate....

WEEK 1 CHALLENGE: During the course of the week do 200 squats. You can keep track on a post it. Then on Monday 9/26/11 when we have our weigh in, you can share with the group if you completed the challenge. You can do all 200 in one day or you can do 33 everyday until you reach the goal.

***Think to yourself what will your life be like on Halloween when you have reach your mini goal weight and lost your pumpkin?? Think of the compliments you will recieve from people around you. And think of how proud you will feel about yourself.

*Also take your goal weight and divide by 6 (weeks) so you can keep your eye on the scale as to how much you should weigh next monday to stay on track for your goal.

Is your mini-challenge supposed to be aimed at bodyweight squats or under weight? I usually squat under weight on the barbell when I am at the gym but there is no way I could do that 200 times in a week.
  • Ready2BEthin
    Options

Is your mini-challenge supposed to be aimed at bodyweight squats or under weight? I usually squat under weight on the barbell when I am at the gym but there is no way I could do that 200 times in a week.

Its up to you. I am doing my squats on my own without weights. But however you would like to do it, is ok.
  • Ready2BEthin
    Options
    Hows anyone doing withe squats challenge? I have 130 to go. :)
  • mangojelly
    mangojelly Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've got a 100 squats to go.
    My neighbor brought me some delicious (and large) muffins yesterday and I had 2. I estimated the type of muffins they were on the food finder when tracking my meals but I definitely went over my calories. Discouraging for sure, but this challenge is helping me to get back on track today. :smile: