Work vending machines

Options
Help! I'm being lured by the vending machine outside of my office with all of the evil chocolate candy bars calling my name. I ate 370 calories for lunch, so I have no room for a snack like what that machine has to offer. I need some support here quickly so that I don't succumb to the temptations of the candy bar.

Replies

• aphillips8180
    aphillips8180 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Don't do it! You know you will regret it as soon as you finish the candy bar and I assure you it won't taste as good as you think it will. =) Be strong!
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Drink a glass of water.

For the future, have healthy snacks that fit into your daily allowance to grab when you feel the urge to snack coming on. Being prepared will help a ton.
  • Taskcr
    Options
    Believe it or not rice krispie bars are not that bad!! Also the smart pop white cheddar popcorn they often have in vending machines are also not to bad, I'm tempted when I got to class all the time becuase I'm usually starving by the time class is over and I have an hour drive home.. I always fall for the popcorn!
  • amberleemoore
    amberleemoore Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I agree! It may look tempting but if you have one you will only be happy for a few minutes and then you will regret it and just end up wanting more in the long run! Look away from the machines!! lol
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Trust me yo don't want anything that is in there.. it's gonna make you sick anyway, and also bog you mind down with regret!!
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    So not worth it.
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    just think about it...even when i try my best the longest i can make a chocolate treat last is 5 minutes.....so after 5 minutes i realize that im still bored...tired...whatever and now ive just consumed 230 calories that i didnt want. its not worth it...go for a walk around your building...write out a grocery list..do something but STAY AWAY FROM THE VENDING MACHINE:)
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    You're working so hard...don't undo it with a stupid candy bar! Resist!!! It may look good, but is it really worth it?
  • Dayquasar
    Dayquasar Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, you can do it, think about what you'll have when you get home. And what you might bring in to have just in case it happens again.
  • birdshoup
    birdshoup Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I need to bring snacks to work, definitely. When I leave the house in the morning, though, I only pack what I think I SHOULD eat. Sometimes I'm not realistic as to how hungry I will be during the day. And I am craaaanky when I'm hungry. I guess its best for all involved if I plan ahead and bring some healthy snacks.
  • cbrister07
    cbrister07 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem just a few minutes ago. I went to the vending machine and decided on the baked lays bbq chips. For me, it is okay to get a snack if i feel hungry. I am just trying to make better choices. I would have liked to have had the candy bar but would have definitely hated myself for it later. We can't be perfect all the time. It's all about making better choices.
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Keep a stash of some Skinny Cow candy bars or truffles in your desk! They are heavenly!

skinny_cow_candy.jpg
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Aegelis
    Aegelis Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not rice krispie bars are not that bad!! Also the smart pop white cheddar popcorn they often have in vending machines are also not to bad, I'm tempted when I got to class all the time becuase I'm usually starving by the time class is over and I have an hour drive home.. I always fall for the popcorn!

A lot of good advice on this and other posts:

1.) Be prepared - Bring a nutrigrain bar, fruit or raw veggies for cravings. Being full on these are always better than mystery calories.

2.) Be aware of the regret from bad choices before making them, it'll help keep your discipline

3.) Make wise choices if you MUST eat something from a machine like quoted here.
  • birdshoup
    birdshoup Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks again everyone. I will make it home without making a bad decision. :happy:
  • mama050709
    Options
    Keep healthy snacks in your desk or in your purse! IT WILL HELP!