Opinions please on loss/ calories

After an awful year at work doing ridiculous days and hours and 2 serious injuries I am back in the CC game.
I have always had good losses doing 1200cals (mfp recommend) and resumed back to this despite other TDEE calculators giving me 1700+ cals. I have been having good losses over the last month but I worried I was under eating at 1200 so I chose to make Sunday’s cheat days. However I’m also 16/8 and keep to this on a Sunday and my calories are never over 1800 for the Sunday. 2 Sunday’s of doing this and I have had no loss. I know the drill of weighing everything and be accurate and I avoid sodium and sugars as much as I can. Surely increasing my calories by 600 on a Sunday shouldn’t stall my loss? If anything I thought it would help my metabolism.
To be clear mon-sat 1200cals and Sunday 1800cals.
I have noticed I’m drinking less water at the moment which probably isn’t helping.
I know weight loss is a slow process but the no loss over the last two weeks definitely gets in my head.

Replies

• gpanda103
    gpanda103 Posts: 189 Member
    Probably just some food and water weight. That’s not enough time to be able to tell if anything significant has happened
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,101 Member
    Do you weigh daily or weekly? If weekly, on what day?

Those 600 calories are the equivalent of 0.17lbs, so that really shouldn't cause any issues.
  • Mrsindepenant1
    Mrsindepenant1 Posts: 196 Member
    I weigh on a Sunday morning weekly and during my 16hr fast so on a pretty empty stomach.
    Yeah that’s what I thought but my weight has suddenly stalled. Im hoping it’s a coincidence that my weight stalled when I decided to up my Sunday calories because mentally I feel better allowing myself the extra calories.
  • Lietchi
    edited May 2022
    I'm not saying you should weigh daily, but obviously only weighing weekly makes it a bit harder to spot your weight trend and you could just have had a few higher readings on Sunday despite your general weight trend going down.
    Or, for some reason, you could be retaining water (hormones, stress, a change in exercise/activity level,... or even the weather if you happen to be having hotter weather, for example).
    Weight loss is rarely linear, looking at the longer term trend is the way to stay sane while losing weight 🙂

I think you need a few more weeks of data to assess your situation. Try not to stress, that might cause more water retention 😉
  • Mrsindepenant1
    Mrsindepenant1 Posts: 196 Member
    We are in the process of shifting so I won’t be able to weigh in for 2 weeks so I will wait until after shifting before I weigh again. My scales are flat so I have to use the in-laws when we visit them, I can become scale/ weight obsessed so thought I’d better avoid using my own.
    The only things that have changed is my water intake has reduced a lot and my Sunday calories increased by up to 600.
    I have my activity level set to sendentry while I’m busy packing up the farm so I don’t overestimate my activity level and eat too many calories.
  • Lietchi
    It's sounds like you're in a stressful period of your life (packing up the farm etc): just the stress from that could be at play, as well as perhaps being active in a way you're not usually active. Both are likely candidates for water retention (on top of not drinking as much).
    I remember having a weight loss stall for a few weeks just from an increase in steps from 10k to 15k a day, when I really didn't feel any different.

Did I also understand correctly that you're using a different scale at the moment? That could also explain a difference in weigh-in (unless you've been using that scale for more than two weeks).