52 Ways to Walk

Options
ReenieHJ
ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
Just curious if anyone has read this book and what your thoughts are? I'm maybe onto week 12. I find some of the information interesting but not sure if I believe it all.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,977 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't think a book telling me how to walk would be all that helpful (to me...you do you, boo) but I do know that walking daily outdoors gives me a lot of joy and allows me to eat a tiny bit more.

What's the gist of it?
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't think a book telling me how to walk would be all that helpful (to me...you do you, boo) but I do know that walking daily outdoors gives me a lot of joy and allows me to eat a tiny bit more.

What's the gist of it?

It's just about enhancing your walking through 52 different ways. It's an okay book but yeh, it's not telling me a lot I don't already do.

I vary my walks a lot, where I go, speed, uphill vs. flat. When I walk with my sister it's a slow and easy hour of walking 2 mph. If I walk by myself it's uphill/downhill/level at 3 mph. Yesterday I walked in the rain, enjoyed it immensely. I walk and pick up litter. I walk and take pictures. It mainly emphasizes that many of us walk with our eyes on the ground, same place, same speed and it talks about varying it all up so it doesn't get boring.