Fitness tracker for overall activity

Hi,
I would like a fitness tracker that at the end of the day can just give me a relative gauge of my overall activity. I don't want to have to stop and start every time that I walk somewhere, or distinguish between my regular bike and electric bike or log an activity when I do weight training.
What I imagine is that there is some tracker that will just record my heart rate throughout the day and at the end of the day be able to quantify how much activity I did. Then I can compare different days and push myself to do more on lower activity days.
I have an Android phone. Does the Fitbit Charge 5 do something like this? Any other recommendations on devices or other recommendations on how to achieve my overall goal of quantifying my activity and pushing myself without it being tedious.

Thanks!
Tagged:

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Any of them will do this.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited May 2022
    Any of them will do this.

^^^That

The only reason you have to toggle through different activity events is if you specifically want that event registered for what it is. Most devices also have some kind of auto recognition for certain things, but that can be hit or miss.
  • Anonuser213537
    Anonuser213537 Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,377 Member
    Pretty much everyone. Garmins have some function that automatically detects running, walking and cycling, and I think elliptical after a few minutes of activity, and logs it as such. Though it does go wrong every now and then. I've switched it off on my device as it doesn't add anything for me, but it might be exactly what you're looking for. You can also set the time from which on the activity should be tracked, like 10 minutes or so.
  • LiveOnceBeHappy
    LiveOnceBeHappy Posts: 432 Member
    Samsung watch if your android is a Samsung. It's nice because it has a Find My Phone option on it, which if you're like me, comes in handy! You can take calls on it and synch to Samsung Health and to MyFitnessPal. They're also nice looking watches (round watch face that looks less like a fitness tracker than other brands).