Can you keep it going asking ONLY QUESTIONS?

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,688 Member
    Wouldn't your morning be so much easier if you could go from full-sleep to walking out the door 10 minutes later as I do? Doesn't that require a degree of preparation the night before, setting out clothes and prepping the lunch to be left in the fridge and just grab-and-go?

Would you accept as apology the notion I was just busting your chops, not attempting to make a personal attack? And can't I sympathize, since I've been on the receiving end of long-commutes, late-hours-early-return myself from time to time?
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,516 Member
    edited May 2022
    Don't you know I wasn't offended? And wasn't I asleep within 15 minutes of getting home? Wouldn't laying out clothing and making my lunch the night before, while saving time in the morning, in fact, add time to the night before? Wouldn't it then be a time 'wash'? Also, aren't I happy to be freelance and glad that this job ends on Thursday? Isn't my next job at a nice resort, where it'll be a 10-minute walk to work from my hotel room to the workroom or ballroom?
  • Generic_Excuse
    Generic_Excuse Posts: 607 Member
    Doesn't my husband annoy me for this very reason? How he can leave the house after 15 mins doing bare minimum and look ruggedly hansome but if I do it people are no doubt making comments about how exhausted I look? Does this mean he is aging like fine wine while I'm aging like milk? 😭🤣
  • Generic_Excuse
    @cmsienk a resort you say? Take me with??
  • nossmf
    Do you know how jealous I am of the concept of being asleep within 15 minutes of lying down? Can't my wife be asleep in under 5 minutes, but unless utterly exhausted it always takes me at LEAST 30 minutes, often longer?
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,041 Member
    @nossmf, have you tried any of the breathing apps that are out there? Haven't I found one on my watch that works for me? Isn't the method I use the 4-7-8 method: inhaling for 4 seconds, holding breath for 7 seconds, exhaling for 8 seconds? Doesn't the act of consciously focusing on my breathing (while also relaxing my body) keep my mind occupied when it would otherwise be cluttered with a myriad of things to think or worry about? Should I add the caveat YMMV?
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,406 Member
    Aren’t I team “fall asleep the minute my head hits the pillow” due to 12 hour work days and an inability to sleep between midnight and 3am? Speaking of which does anyone want to have an online party with me in 4 hours? 😴
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,041 Member
    Don't I hope to be in dreamland between 10pm and 5am? 😴🛌
  • cmsienk
    Am I too late for the party?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,926 Member
    is it a slumber party?
  • cmsienk
    Isn't Cat hoping it is a slumber party? 😴
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,406 Member
    Did I not show up for my own party??? Will you forgive me for my rudeness?
  • WaiakeWanderer_x
    WaiakeWanderer_x Posts: 1,517 Member
    Maybe. Will you invite us all to the next one?
  • Generic_Excuse
    Isn't a good thing you didn't make it to the party? Perhaps you slept through the night?
  • cmsienk
    How's everybody's day going?
  • Generic_Excuse
    Isn't it spring cleaning here? Aren't I hauling garage sale items out to my sister in laws this afternoon and don't I love getting rid of stuff? How's your day @cmsienk? Get enough sleep?
  • cmsienk
    Didn't I get 5 hours of sleep last night, which is one more hour than I got the night before? Aren't I thankful tomorrow is my last day on this job?
  • nossmf
    My second son is graduating high school today...do you know how emotional my wife is as a result? Is her emotional state even more raw due to my son planning on enlisting in the Army, which is causing my wife's protective instincts to kick into hyperdrive?
  • Generic_Excuse
    Doesn't she sound like an amazing mama? Also graduation on a Wednesday? Or just last day of school?
  • nossmf
    Would YOU be willing to go back to school AFTER you graduate? Isn't my son gently rubbing it into his sisters' faces that his time in school is over, while they have another week to go before summer break starts?