Issues logging exercise

Options
Is anybody else noticing any issues when logging an exercise. Recently noticed calories burned seems a bit low. 90 minutes of weightlifting (burned 30 calories). 15 minutes on stairmaster with heart rate 120 (burned 15 calories). Workout fairly intense and it just seems that the calories burned when logged for the day seems kinda low. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    It depends on the exercise you choose from the database. Try "strength training" instead of "weight lifting" and a different setting on stair master. Maybe there are high or low intensity options? You can always cross reference your info on another website and change your calories burned if they seem that far off.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,735 Member
    Options
    Could there have been a typo when you last updated your bodyweight on MFP? This is a shot in the dark, but MFP's calories estimation uses bodyweight as a multiplier.

I haven't noticed a change recently myself.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,806 Member
    Options
    I’ve have noticed a glitch in the past four or five days where exercise doesn’t record to MFP unless I close and reopen the app. Steps are also still not carrying over properly from iPhone, although it did improve somewhat when I checked and adjusted my sync and privacy settings.
  • michaelsmithpa
    michaelsmithpa Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Could there have been a typo when you last updated your bodyweight on MFP? This is a shot in the dark, but MFP's calories estimation uses bodyweight as a multiplier.

Good call
    I checked my weight and decimal point was off 14.5 instead of 145
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,735 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Good call
    I checked my weight and decimal point was off 14.5 instead of 145

Thanks for the update - I'm glad that speculation helped you find the issue. Appreciate you closing the loop, letting us know what solved the problem.

Bright spot (?): You now have an estimate of how many calories your exercise would burn if you were a super-athletic toddler! 😉😆