Hello!

Options
Hi my name is Ruth, and I currently weigh 225 pounds. My doctor insisted I download this app. I love this app. It is so easy to enter any food you can think of, and surprising to see how fast the calories add up! lol

Replies

• BCLadybug888
    BCLadybug888 Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    Hi Ruth, I ❤ this app too! I just reached 280 days logging (joined last August), down 47 lbs without increasing my activity all that much. It is like an adventure to see how well I can eat and still make my calorie target (or very close). Someday I will get more serious about exercise.
    Glad you could join us 😘
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've been logging in every day for years. This app definitely helps make keeping a healthier lifestyle easier. I hope you do fantastic!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,550 Member
    Options
    Hi, @Ruthparks158

Welcome to MFP!

I started here at the same weight as you. This is embarrassing, but i started by entering how much I’d eaten per day in the past week. It was pretty easy, since it was mostly prepackaged candy, cookies, little Debbie’s, and easy to find things like Publix bakery goods and fast food.

When I realized the app was suggesting about 1800 at the time and realized I was easily eating over 10,000, the other shoe (a whole army of them!) began to drop and I really began to understand why I had a problem. I’m sincerely grateful it wasn’t worse than it was.

Nowadays it’s like Tetris, tweaking here to fit that there.

It’s a very effective app- if you’re willing to invest the time to use it properly, and the dedication to use it regularly.

Best of success to you!