0% 0 votes
Once in a blue moon
2% 1 vote

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,034 Member
    Options
    None of the above.

In a typical week, 6 days exercise, one rest day (which may include some mild activity like yoga or a casual walk or something, but nothing intense).

Summer routine is M-W-Fr-Sa row (on water), Tu-Th bike. (After a bit of readaptation to the summer volume, I usually add a M-W-F long walk.)

Winter routine alternates rowing machine and stationary bike, plus I usually do some weight training for part of the season 2-3 non-consecutive days a week. (I should strength train more, but dislike it and I'm undisciplined by nature.)

I go through random stretches adding yoga 3-7 days a week.

I'm F, age 66, have been doing something roughly like the above for most of around 20 years, starting while overweight/obese. I didn't make a change to lose weight, but have been a healthy weight for the past 6+ years.
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I swim 4-5 days a week and play baseball on Sundays
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I try to do some form of exercise everyday. Not necessarily a workout or training...a recovery day for example might consist of just walking my dog or going on a recreational bike ride or hike with the family. It's pretty rare for me to have a nothing day.

I have wonky weeks here and there though where either my schedule just doesn't allow for my usual or something else is going on like nursing a minor injury or illness.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to answer your poll... I try to lift weights 3x a week and then just walk in addition to that or maybe some cardio at the gym.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing that most/all folks who answer your poll would be fairly active, given that this is posted in the Fitness thread.

My answer is also "none of the above", since my weeks are typically 6 days/week during the training/racing season, with a month long recovery break, then reduced volume in winter. The bigger variable for me is not frequency, but duration. In spring and summer, my weekend sessions are much longer.
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    I move a lot and do PT regularly, but I don't do what most people would call "a workout" and yet I have excellent muscle mass, good strength, maintain a lean weight, and apparently look really athletic since people constantly assume that about me even though I'm very visibly disabled.

Exercise doesn't have to be weights and machines in a gym. It can be whatever movement your body does well with. For me right now, my exercise is long hours doing home renos.
  • gpanda103
    gpanda103 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Intentional exercise.. 3x a week I do weights, 4x a week cardio. As for overall movement, I have been working a warehouse job for a bit now, and almost every day there is 8-10hrs of constant lifting and walking. I don’t think physical exertion every day (or even most) days of the week is productive. I’m probably going to just get rid of cardio since my lifestyle already results in so much movement
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I lift 3X a week and go for a morning run 5X/week of varying lengths between 3 and 5 miles. Most of my activity , however, is just recreational stuff. Hiking/sports/riding/etc.

Even the runs are because I find them fun. The only 'I do this for health' I do is about an hour of weight training in a week. Don't love it. Find it boring, but know its good for me so suck it up and do it anyway.
  • azuki84
    azuki84 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    5x strength, 7x liss
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,425 Member
    Options
    LOLOLOL. You don’t even want to know.

I do it because I love and enjoy movement now.

There was a period where any kind of movement was pain and misery, and a fair amount of waddling. We even “planned ahead” and had our builder put an elevator for me in our then-new three story house.

Now?

Movement = Joy, as often as I can.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    I lift everyday (one body part per day) and do some sort of cardio (either teaching a kbox class or treadmill work) everyday as well.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    I have a dog who needs exercise, so I walk 2-3 miles with him every day. I generally run an hour or more 5 days a week. On one of my non-running days I like to do some other exercise, usually stationary bike or a hike, sometimes yoga or calisthenics or weights. In the summer, I get a good workout mowing the lawn and cleaning up the garden. I do things I enjoy doing, but I also do things that help my mental health. I don't do well on days I don't exercise.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Most days but my blend of cycling and strength training is variable in duration and frequency depending on the seasons and my goals.
    This month my strength training has been squeezed out to a degree as I was peaking for a cycling event with 52 hours of cycling not leaving enough recovery capacity to hit the gym as often as I would have liked.

Being retired help enormously to fit everything in.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,425 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »

Being retired help enormously to fit everything in.

Yes!! Yes, it sure does!!!! 😉
  • tbratton52
    tbratton52 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I walk 5-8 miles a day with my dog. I have stepped up my weight training and try to do that 4x a week. I have just begun (again) to reintroduce spinning on my stationary bike at home. I do it with videos from Apple Fitness. I also do Yoga with Adrienne every morning.
  • threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I'm meant to exercise daily, since it's easier to exercise once a day than once a week. If I'm planning to exercise once a week, it's going to be no exercise. In the 17 months I've officially been losing weight, I've started running about 10 times and the longest I've achieved is about 8 minutes. Hope springs eternal, so I'm back at 4 minutes today, matching the date with number of minutes running.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    I'm 67. I have OA. I try to do something everyday, whether that be heavy housecleaning, swimming, acquagym, powerwalking, stretching, yogaflex, or tai chi. It all varies with the seasons. For me movement is exercise. Mix it up so you don't get bored. Don't overthink it.
  • age_is_just_a_number
    age_is_just_a_number Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I try to do some form of exercise everyday. Not necessarily a workout or training...a recovery day for example might consist of just walking my dog or going on a recreational bike ride or hike with the family. It's pretty rare for me to have a nothing day.

I have wonky weeks here and there though where either my schedule just doesn't allow for my usual or something else is going on like nursing a minor injury or illness.

Ditto for me