Alway hungary

Options
Does anyone have any suggestions for healthy food that will help me to stay fuller longer? Something inexpensive too. Whenever I exercise I seem to be super hungary all day long, then end up eating too much food throughout the day which ends up making my efforts to work out fruitless.

Replies

• maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Increase your fiber intake (whole grains, etc.) and increase your protein. Both fiber and protein help you to feel fuller longer.
  • Leia81
    Options
    power bars
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    If you are hungry when you exercise you need to feed your body. Look for HIGH protein items. Even if you need to drink a protein supplement shake or eat a protein bar... your body is screaming for fuel.

I recently found EAS Myoplex Nutrition Shakes... they come in many flavors, 210 calories each and have 25 grams of protein plus many other nutrients. I like it and it definitely helps to keep you full!
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter. I like to look for a brand that doesn't have a ton of added "stuff" to it, but that's just me.
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    PROTEIN...eggs, beef, chicken, turkey
    FATS...avocados, nuts
  • rlelliott08
    rlelliott08 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I started drinking 2 tsp. of apple cider vinegar, once in the morning and once at dinner, noticed a big change in my appetite when I started doing this. Good Luck hope you find something that works for you.
  • FitRodr
    FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and grains do it for me. Fruit for fiber
  • Pirepighter
    Options
    I have learned that the best bang for the calorie buck (380 calories) and keeps me satisfied till dinner is a subways 6 inch sandwich. I usually get a sweet onion chicken teriyaki on wheat toasted no cheese, everything on it except for onions. Co-worker just tried it and he said he is hooked.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I would try being slovakia for a while.

:flowerforyou:
  • mmhenry28
    mmhenry28 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    On big workout days I eat alot and often. On standard days, I wont have ansmany snacks, whereas on a big workout day I will eat alot of snacks, fruit, muesli bars, crackers, nuts etc. If I dont do this I find I cant work as hard during my workout sessions.
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Definitley anything high in fiber. The best thing I have found that keeps me the fullest longest is whole-grain air popped popcorn. Theres like 20 calories in a serving (a whole cup) and it really takes awhile for me to feel hungry again.
    Also up your water intake water makes your stomach feel full, sometimes when you feel hungry you are actually thirsty.
    When I first starting exercising I felt hungry ALL the time, but as I kept to my designated calorie intake it only took maybe a week and a half before my body started to accept the changes.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Goulash! It will fill you right up and is just delicious.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options

mmm... Slovakia. :flowerforyou:
  • iamdesiderata
    iamdesiderata Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Vegetables (aka fiber) and lean protein.

It takes more energy for your body to break down any foods with a lot of fiber and/or protein, which means digestion is a slower process, so you'll feel fuller for longer.

I'm a college student so I know how much healthy food can cost, and its not pretty. My suggestions?

1. Frozen veggies - vegetables that are frozen before they are shipped, which means they are actually fresher. Plus, unfrozen vegetables are usually more expensive and you've got to eat them quicker.

2. Fruits - Apples, oranges, pears, etc are great deals when they're on sale.

3. Eggs - very cheap and tons of protein! I like to hardboil about half of the carton so I can eat them for snacks and whatnot.

4. Greek Yogurt - I say Greek yogurt because it actually has more protein than, say, "regular" yogurt (aka Light n Fit, Dannon etc) and some can be kind of pricey, so hit the grocery store when they're doing a 10 for 10 deal and stock up.

5. Canned Tuna - whats not to like?

SHOP AT ALDI!
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I would like to point out that my travel agent tried to get me to go to Hungary once..it is actually not a 3rd world country like I thought..it is old world though with a certain charm to it.

but if you are HUNGRY then eat more fiber and complex carbs.

This was not made to be a jerk..just to illustrate the difference a simple letter can make in the busy life we all have, trying to type.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options

Czech Please!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

Czech Please!

I was going to suggest "Turkey" but I didn't think anyone would get it! LMAO!

you guys rock.
  • iamdesiderata
    iamdesiderata Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    best answer ever hahahaha
    I <3 smart-*sses
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I dont always go to Hungary, but when I do, I eat protein.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    I went o Hungary for 2 weeks when I was 17.