How do you get off the couch if you're in a smaller apartment

Options
I know that being on a couch is a choice only, but what is there to do to stay actively off the couch inside before and after dinner that I can do everyday that's an alternative? Without it being weird and unobtainable for everyday?

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,114 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Have you tried Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home videos? I haven't tried them myself, but I've heard good things.

I walk laps around my dining room table while watching TV and surfing on my phone, but you may not have enough room for that?
  • LiveOnceBeHappy
    LiveOnceBeHappy Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Do you mean in poor weather? My husband and I have been walking a lot. It's been helping me to feel so much better--physically and mentally. We do a lot of walking just around our neighborhood. If you live in a small apartment, can you just stroll around your complex?
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    A rebounder/mini trampoline has a very small footprint and won't disturb the neighbors. Rain or shine, you can make your workouts as easy or as challenging as you like. Plus - it's FUN! I don't jump on mine, rather, I mostly jog in place with some additional moves thrown in when the spirit moves me.
    https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/nasa-the-trampoline-and-you/
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    I bought a used recumbent bike off facebook years ago for next to nothing. I set it up as my office chair. I work from home and end up sitting a lot. Since I'm sitting right here there's no excuse not to pedal. I actually burn a surprising number of calories in a day and you can go as hard or as easy as you want. Just a thought...good luck! :D
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    There are literally so many options. I live in a small apartment and have no problem staying active, and I'm seriously disabled!

First, you can just go outside. There is no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes.

If you insist on staying inside, then you can do any of the many, many, many exercises that don't take up much room: weighted hula hoop, Pilates, yoga, resistance bands, frickin' jumping jacks, whatever.

I have a small strip of floorspace beside my bed where I do PT exercises, Pilates, small weights, resistance bands, and weighted hula hoop.

My spouse moves the dining room table and does a full weight routine in our main living area.

If you've ever been to a class at a gym, you know that you don't normally get a lot of room. So you really don't need much room at home to do most workouts.

I remember doing Jane Fonda tapes in the living room with my mom as a teen. Our little living room fit both of us together doing it.
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I do step aerobics. I have a reebok step that goes in the cupboard when I’m not using it. I use you tube for videos. Mainly Fabian Kuhn but there are loads of others.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Why inside before and after dinner? An after dinner walk outside is a great way to end the day.