One full year of logging

kchapmanma
kchapmanma Posts: 174 Member
A year ago today, I decided I needed to get back into the practice of logging everything I eat. I'm celebrating today because I managed to log every single day for the last year - and don't plan on stopping. My original reason for the logging was to get my diabetes under control more than to lose weight, but happily logging everything resulted in both. My A1C is now 5.6 and I lost 70lbs over the last year, and nearly 100lbs over all. I'm a pretty happy camper. Now to just continue what I've been doing. :smile:

Replies

• LiveOnceBeHappy
    LiveOnceBeHappy Posts: 432 Member
    Nice! Great you got awesome numbers and a whole new lease on life, so to speak! Well done.
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Amazing job! You have literally turned your life around! 🎉🎉🎉
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Wow. That's an incredible accomplishment! Well done, you! You've probably added several years to your life. Stay on the train! :)
  • Kiwi2mfp
    Kiwi2mfp Posts: 166 Member
    Great job!
  • kchapmanma
    kchapmanma Posts: 174 Member
    Thank you, everyone, for the kind words!!
  • JustRamona
    JustRamona Posts: 399 Member
    congrats!
  • leigh33ca
    leigh33ca Posts: 102 Member
    Congratulations that is awesome!
  • mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 487 Member
    Wonderful! Logging works....been doing it since 2010 and plan to keep doing it. Keeps my 80+ lb weight loss going.
  • martindemarest
    martindemarest Posts: 2 Member
    it's good to know that I'm on the right track - 49 days into it and 45 pound weight lostt - MyFitnessPal is a great program and I'm glad Noom jacked up the price so I made the move to this far better program. Stories like yours are an inspiration to stay the course when the inevitable plateaus hit!!! Thank you for sharing it and keep up the fight
  • aginghealthier
    aginghealthier Posts: 11 Member
    Congratulations. I have come to the conclusion (after years of yoyo dieting) that I need to log in order to lose and that I must continue to log for life to maintain that loss. I've tried to do it without, only to regain and have to start over. I am currently at day 315 and have no intention of ever stopping. Good luck on your journey!
  • tbratton52
    tbratton52 Posts: 6 Member
    Great to hear this. I logged for a year and lost 32 lbs, stopped logging and got depressed over the winter and gained it all back. I have come to believe that I am one who needs to track my food, everyday, no matter what. When I don't I convince myself I'm not eating too much, though I am. It's not that hard, really, and doesn't take long. And the results are worth it!
  • AmyDahlTorres
    AmyDahlTorres Posts: 88 Member
    You are such an inspiration! I joined MFP after my recent diabetes diagnosis. I too had been using Noom but MFP tracks macronutrients, which is far more appropriate than red-yellow-green foods. Thank you for sharing your success!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!