Where’s the option to check and record weights?

Options
seoulman98664
seoulman98664 Posts: 1 Member
The option to record daily weights seems to have disappeared. Where is it? This should be a fundamental monitoring parameter to make this app useful. Without it, there is no further reason to use this app.

Answers

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,121 Member
    Options
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @Lietchi i realize it’s not your issue, but on my device, the dashboard doesn’t scroll, and there is nothing but a calorie count. No progress, no weight section, no exercise section. The notifications don’t link to anything. The random comments they have pop up at the top are quite rude overall (things like, “it’s not too late to begin again,” for someone who has been here since 2015? Rather demotivating, not motivating if that’s the goal)

They’ve removed the option of choosing which start screen you begin with. There’s no option of turning off the dumb comments. You can’t log weights or exercises.

It’s a bust. Extra clicks to get to where you need to go, and it freezes most of the time requiring a log-off the system.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,121 Member
    Options
    I've seen people's topics about their issues with the new app, but for some reason I'm still on the old version (no update available) so linking to the FAQ is about all I can do 🙂
  • Jean
    Jean Posts: 732 MFP Staff
    Options
    @Cheesy567 We do apologize for any confusion with the new Dashboard layout!

You can find the option to add your weight entries in the Progress section by scrolling down on the Dashboard on the main homepage. Then tap the + button to enter your weight. Please see: https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/5217312657293-New-Dashboard-FAQ#h_01G1RS830PY6C2CPHWM8G886VS for more information.

You can still access your Exercise section by going to your Diary. You should see a "Diary" option at the bottom of your screen.

As far as your notifications taking you back to the Dashboard homepage, rather than the post itself, this is a known issue that our team is currently looking into.

We appreciate your patience as we work on a fix, but if you need additional help with anything else, you can write into our dedicated support team via https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us or email directly to support@myfitnesspal.com.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    @Jean Hi, thanks for replying- I understand that the progress section is meant to be on the dashboard now. However, it isn’t there. It doesn’t work. The scroll feature doesn’t work, at least not on the iPhone 7 iOS app.

I can understand how big a project it is to roll out a new version of an app, with so many devices and OS’s to deal with and test things out on. But to not listen to feedback, or give the same non-helpful link to a “here’s our great new thing” post that doesn’t look, act, or seem in the least the way the rollout does… isn’t helpful.

I went through the Helpdesk about the notifications. That process was clunky and redundant, too. It tried to force me to choose from FAQs about the old version of the app to “help,” first. I’m not going to take that route when it’s an issue with a new rollout, and I’m trying to help point out an obvious bug in the system, not a preference point. I have things to do with my time, too.
  • durden
    durden Posts: 3,185 MFP Staff
    Options
    @Cheesy567 If you're having trouble utilizing our Help Desk, please send an email to support@myfitnesspal.com to reach our Customer Happiness team. We cannot provide you troubleshooting support via our forums.
This discussion has been closed.