The New Dashboard is a nice change BUT a huge trade off

For $79.00/ year I would expect when new features are added to the app they would enhance the user experience. I have been using My fitness Pal since 2013! Loved that I could do a workout, record it with Apple Watch and have calories added to my daily total. Since the new dashboard Apple Health Kit and My Fittness Pal are not sharing info. It is a nuisance, particularly because it was fine before this new dashboard. “STAYING ON TRACK HAS NEVER BEEN (HARDER) EASIER”??? I have done everything that I could think of from Apple Watch to healt kit to mfp settings . Toggle data sharing switch on and off. Shut down watch, shut down phone, un-installed mfp, re- loaded mfp. And use the FAQ section of mfp to troubleshoot the problem. What a bummer. Hope you can fix this soon… as much as I LIKED mfp before not so much anymore.

Replies

• MRinkevich
    MRinkevich Posts: 1 Member
    Yep! I agree 100%. I’m fine with the change in the look on it but I need something easy that’s going to transition to the MFP directly from my Apple Watch and I don’t wanna have to go into yet another app and put it in manually. I’ve taken all the same steps as you’ve mentioned; in addition to re-syncing both devices and re-pairing. I’m hoping someone in IT will see this and fix it and if not, sadly I think I will have to jump ship and find another nutrition app that will pair with my Apple health app. I’ve been with MFP since 2015.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,334 Member
    To get your exercises to record from Apple Watch, press newsfeed first and then go to diary. It’s working for both me and my husband as a temporary fix til it “just works”.
  • LiveOnceBeHappy
    LiveOnceBeHappy Posts: 420 Member
    You can stop paying for it. It’s free without the premium subscription.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    MRinkevich wrote: »
    Yep! I agree 100%. I’m fine with the change in the look on it but I need something easy that’s going to transition to the MFP directly from my Apple Watch and I don’t wanna have to go into yet another app and put it in manually. I’ve taken all the same steps as you’ve mentioned; in addition to re-syncing both devices and re-pairing. I’m hoping someone in IT will see this and fix it and if not, sadly I think I will have to jump ship and find another nutrition app that will pair with my Apple health app. I’ve been with MFP since 2015.

No one from IT will see this.

While we seem to always lose something I liked after an "upgrade," and it never comes back, you could try contacting Support.

https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us

I use the free version and deal with the issues that bother me.
  • eckmancl
    eckmancl Posts: 5 Member
    Did the price change with the new dashboard? I thought premium was $49.99.
  • Freelily
    Freelily Posts: 3 Member
    So thanks
    For suggestions about the newsfeed remedy. Sorry to report still not working.
    In the grand scheme of things MFP is small and “just dealing with it” is what I am doing. “New and improved “? Nope, just new.I thought this might be a place where someone might have a remedy. Was really hoping it was just some oversight on my part. Oh well.
  • azuki84
    azuki84 Posts: 212 Member
    I dont even track/sync exercise with myfitnesspal, only use it for ballpark cal/macros.
  • kshama2001
    eckmancl wrote: »
    Did the price change with the new dashboard? I thought premium was $49.99.

For a while there was a lower price available on desktop vs when signing up for premium on mobile. Now they are both $79.99.
  • kshama2001
    Freelily wrote: »
    So thanks
    In the grand scheme of things MFP is small and “just dealing with it” is what I am doing. “New and improved “? Nope, just new.I thought this might be a place where someone might have a remedy. Was really hoping it was just some oversight on my part. Oh well.

I wasn't suggesting that you, as a paid member, "just deal with it." :wink: Do reach out to Support.

Also check for similar issues here:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/feature-suggestions-and-ideas
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/myfitnesspal-tech-support-questions
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Freelily wrote: »
    So thanks

I've been around here since 2012 and MFP has always been glitchy which is one of the reasons I would never pay for premium, along with the fact that premium doesn't really offer me anything that would be more useful than the free version. Apple has also been pretty notorious for synching issues with MFP...part of that is MFP but part of that is also that Apple doesn't like to play well with others.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    I look at my active calories on my Apple Health app and add them in MFP as cardio. Works fine until it syncs again. 🤷🏻‍♀️