Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Stop "fixing"‐ what isn't broken

The new UI you've just dropped is horrible. I've used this app on and off for a number of years now and it's getting progressively worse and worse. The continual nagging to buy premium, making the UI less user friendly with more flashy graphics etc is just unnecessary. Given the fact I didn't download an update as well, I can only assume you use server side elements which just increases data requirements and makes the app less accessible when offline. I get you've gotta make money so by all means put ads on there but get the message I'm not gonna buy premium and give me the option to turn off the nagging pop-ups.

Also, it is outrageously hard to actually figure out how to give you feedback. This is only counter productive for yourselves as I was on the verge of just leaving a negative review on the play store.
27 votes

Open for Voting · Last Updated

Replies

• clairesimpson4
    clairesimpson4 Posts: 15 Member
    Agreed. The new dashboard renders terribly on my phone (samsung galaxy note 10) with graphics and text overlapping each other and as you said, constant nagging to buy premium which this new update is not exactly enticing me to do.
  • gwhizeh
    gwhizeh Posts: 263 Member
    edited June 2022
    Agreed, adding obtrusive updates to the UI while ignoring functionality and issues that have existed on this site for several years now just shows how oblivious the owners and Devs are.

Things like allowing a simple paragraph shouldn't be beyond a programmer's reach...

All its going to take is a site with a healthy social side and bye bye mfp.
  • peggy5182018
    peggy5182018 Posts: 2 Member
    Exactly - if it ain't broke don't fix it! Not only does the new dashboard suck, the food diary is cumbersome and takes twice as long to enter anything plus when I tilt my phone to see breakdown of foods entered it no longer has that function. Just like politicians, MFP is taking away things we have had for years!
  • DimKnight
    DimKnight Posts: 1 Member
    Finding the new UI much harder to use…miss the simple + button functionality. Ads are far more obtrusive. Literally going to browse the App Store now.
  • havalynd
    havalynd Posts: 54 Member
    New UI is ugly and intrusive. Whoever designed it really failed their UX class & nobody asked for these cosmetic changes! I'm going to switch to LoseIt now permanently, I can't even navigate the MFP app anymore which is wild because I've been using it since like 2013.

(A curved edge on the bottom? Really? Makes my skin crawl it's so ill thought out!)
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Been using this app for 10 years. The new update is horrible and laggy. I can hardly scroll down the screen to find anything (takes 3-5 swipes to change what is on the screen) and the nav doesn't make any sense for how to find items. I was already finding the last update really touchy when adding food items (easy double click and pop up blocks whatever is centered behind it). I don't think I can even use this anymore.
  • lolalament
    lolalament Posts: 73 Member
    I'm really missing multi add!
  • chim3341
    chim3341 Posts: 2 Member
    App doesn’t sync my workouts anymore. Calories burned isn’t even captured when i log on on website.
  • clairesimpson4
    clairesimpson4 Posts: 15 Member
    This is how broken the dashboard is on my phone.
  • myfitnesspal2605
    myfitnesspal2605 Posts: 1 Member
    I bought premium and I now have learned that features does not work, e.g., sync with Garmin Connect.

I wish for a refund or fixing the bug, however I saw a post from 2015 where they described the same issue.
  • Hudson
    Hudson Posts: 74 MFP Staff
    Sounds like we got several things going on here as a community.

For general feedback about the new Dashboard: Please head on over to the main announcement thread to share.

For those that are having specific issues with partner apps, how to do something specific, or other technical troubles, please submit a request with our support team and we'll do our best to help.